CS 1.6 and 5.1 soundsystem/subwoofer

Hi y'all,

I've got a very big problem. My subwoofer does not work with CS 1.6. How can
I make him work?
Or, if not, is there any possibility to update CS or to use a mod??

Thanks for responses!
Greetz
Basti

"Sebastian Rohner" <basti.rohner@web.de> wrote in message
> Hi y'all,
>
> I've got a very big problem. My subwoofer does not work with CS 1.6. How
can
> I make him work?
> Or, if not, is there any possibility to update CS or to use a mod??
>
> Thanks for responses!
> Greetz
> Basti

the only sound in cs deep enough to need the sub is the magnum rifle shot,
maybe, dependant on your crossover settings. music will use all 5.1 speakers
if you have it on whilst playing cs. make sure your control panel is set for
5.1 operation.

dr ratt

> the only sound in cs deep enough to need the sub is the magnum rifle shot,
> maybe, dependant on your crossover settings. music will use all 5.1
> speakers
> if you have it on whilst playing cs. make sure your control panel is set
> for
> 5.1 operation.
>
> dr ratt

OK, the menu sound and the music use the sub. But I can't believe that those
many shots and explosions aren't deep enough to partly use the subwoofer.
Anyway, i've seen people playing cs on a lan-party and they had a fantastic
sound.
What can i do to get a better game sound??

Sebastian Rohner wrote:
> OK, the menu sound and the music use the sub. But I can't believe that those
> many shots and explosions aren't deep enough to partly use the subwoofer.
> Anyway, i've seen people playing cs on a lan-party and they had a fantastic
> sound.
> What can i do to get a better game sound??

Is the answer so obvious?

A better sound card.

> OK, the menu sound and the music use the sub. But I can't believe
> that those many shots and explosions aren't deep enough to partly
> use the subwoofer. Anyway, i've seen people playing cs on a
> lan-party and they had a fantastic sound.
> What can i do to get a better game sound??

Dude, you're not giving us much to go on... What kind of sound card
are you using, what OS are you running and what kind of speakers are
you using?
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CingularDuality

> Dude, you're not giving us much to go on... What kind of sound card are
> you using, what OS are you running and what kind of speakers are you
> using?

OK I'm using a normal sound card with center/subwoofer-, front- and
rear-plugs. I'm running Windows XP and the 5.1 soundsystem I have is a
standard one, 1 sub, 2 front, 2 rear, 1 center. I don't know the names of
this hardware, it was in when i bought the computer. All games I play have a
great sound, except cs.

Sebastian Rohner wrote:
>>Dude, you're not giving us much to go on... What kind of sound card are
>>you using, what OS are you running and what kind of speakers are you
>>using?
>

> OK I'm using a normal sound card with center/subwoofer-, front- and
> rear-plugs. I'm running Windows XP and the 5.1 soundsystem I have is a
> standard one, 1 sub, 2 front, 2 rear, 1 center. I don't know the names of
> this hardware, it was in when i bought the computer. All games I play have a
> great sound, except cs.

Jesus, man! What the hell's a "normal" sound card? There's no such brand
called "normal"!

GFree wrote:
> Sebastian Rohner wrote:
>
>>> Dude, you're not giving us much to go on... What kind of sound card
>>> are you using, what OS are you running and what kind of speakers are
>>> you using?
>>

>> OK I'm using a normal sound card with center/subwoofer-, front- and
>> rear-plugs. I'm running Windows XP and the 5.1 soundsystem I have is a
>> standard one, 1 sub, 2 front, 2 rear, 1 center. I don't know the names
>> of this hardware, it was in when i bought the computer. All games I
>> play have a great sound, except cs.
>>
> Jesus, man! What the hell's a "normal" sound card? There's no such brand
> called "normal"!

Also:

You really should know what's in the computer. After all, YOU BOUGHT IT.
They could have ripped you off big time and ignorance would make you
none the wiser.

Use the device manager to see what sound card you've got.

Nemo

"Sebastian Rohner" <basti.rohner@web.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> What can i do to get a better game sound??

do u have the latest Sound Card Driver ?
CS:S do not support standard XPSurroundDrivers(in my case)

i had the same problem, SB Live!, Teufel Concept E Magnum and only Stereo
Sound,
after is installed the latest Driver ive perfect Sourround Sound.