Hi,

Down to my knees here. Problem started when I loaded a
trial spyware scan. After that I lost my logicl CD drive,
driver there, no rollback driver, but big exclamation
mark in device manager. Tried to follow Windows fix but
it would not allow me to delete registry entrys for the
CD.

Can not get updates now from Windows, it keeps putting an
ADMINISTRATOR only page, after changing the users to
everyone having rights checking all sources for correct
defaults, rebooted,,,still getting same thing. I modified
the proxy service info and put Microsoft.com sights as
trusted with permissions ..how can i get updates...

I have run Spy Bot and Ad-aware twice and found errors
both times...Coolwwwsearc CWS Hijack second time found
errors after a reboot,

McAfee and Firewall not operational, no CD so I can not
reload.

Wanted to download Byteverifier Patch, and CD files again
says VXD load problem...Byteverifier has Administrator
error.

Help

On my knees now trying to crawl back to life.

Running Hp Pavillion 7935, Windows xp

map

I can't help with your troubles but the Byteverifier Patch
does not work.

map

On second thought download "hijackthis" copy the scan
results with notepad and post them in the spywareinfo
forums
www.spywareinfo.com/forums/

Spybot "Search and Destroy"
http://www.safer-networking.org/

Spywareblaster
http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbdownload.html

Spywareguard
http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareguard.html

Ad-aware
http://www.lavasoft.de/

CWS Shedder,Hijackthis,BHO Demon

winpatrol
http://www.winpatrol.com/

CWShredder (Line 313) Home page lock (Line 63)
Hijack this (Line 116)

http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/

http://www.pestpatrol.com/PestInfo/

http://www.aumha.org/a/hjttutor.htm

Hi, Jane
I also had a problem I could not solve on my own.
My cd writer was not recognized by XP home edition.
I posted my problem on Windows XP Hardware newsgroup, got one reply and it didn't solve
my problem. In desperation I poked around my computer
until I stumbled on Help and Support Centre. I asked for support and in less then 24 hours
they e-mailed a detailed step-by-step procedure, which solved my problem.
Since my knowledge of computers is marginal, at best, it was important for me that the
procedure was very detailed and did not assume that I know anything about computers.

If you would like to get support to solve your problem, left click on:
Start>Control Panel>Help and Support (on left panel)>>Get support (on right panel)>Get help from (on left panel)>>Ask support professional for help (on right panel), then answer a series of questions.

If you cannot get to Help and Support on your computer, maybe you have a friend with
a working compute you can use. All the best, Adam

I had this problem on several computers I was setting up and turned out they
had to be activated first to receive updates. Did you delete your activation
somehow? Are they activated?