A7V8X-X + Antec 300W PS?

Hey All,

Just got an A7VX-X and a new CPU, AMD XP 2400+, to replace my old
A7M266. Will an Antec 300W PS be sufficient? Here is a list of my
parts.

floppy
DVD ROM
DVD Burner
GForce2 Pro
SCSI Adapter card
firewire card
soundblaster 5.1
3 10K SCSI drives
512 PC2100 RAM

TIA!
5 answers Last reply
More about a7v8x antec 300w

    http://takaman.jp/psu_calc.html?english
    http://firingsquad.gamers.com/guides/power_supply/

    Ed wrote:

    > On Wed, 12 May 2004 08:32:02 -0700, KraZieMaN <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hey All,
    > >
    > > Just got an A7VX-X and a new CPU, AMD XP 2400+, to replace my old
    > > A7M266. Will an Antec 300W PS be sufficient? Here is a list of my
    > > parts.
    > >
    > > floppy
    > > DVD ROM
    > > DVD Burner
    > > GForce2 Pro
    > > SCSI Adapter card
    > > firewire card
    > > soundblaster 5.1
    > > 3 10K SCSI drives
    > > 512 PC2100 RAM
    > >
    > > TIA!
    >
    > http://takaman.jp/psu_calc.html?english
    > http://firingsquad.gamers.com/guides/power_supply/

    I prefer this one:
    http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/
    regards

    @ndrew

    On 14 May 2004 07:10:30 +0950, "@ndrew" <andrewratinternodedotondotnet>
    wrote:

    >> http://takaman.jp/psu_calc.html?english
    >> http://firingsquad.gamers.com/guides/power_supply/
    >

    >I prefer this one:
    >http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/
    >regards
    >
    >@ndrew

    That one really doesn't tell you anything, I would never buy a PSU based
    solely on it's (marketing) Wattage, you have to look at the specs of
    each rail on the PSU.

    I just laugh when I see replies like, buy a 550W it worked for me! ;p

    Ed

    Hey Ed,

    Thanks for the links. I really like the first link because it was very
    thorough. It pretty much had everything I have and if not, I was able
    to select something very similar. I was running this old Antec 300W PS
    for over 3 years now with basically the same setup except mobo
    (A7M266) and CPU (1GHz TB OC to 1.467). Considering, new CPU should
    use less wattage, I should be ok using this old PS with new setup.
    Hopefully I'll have it up and running within a week or two and I'll
    confirm it with a follow up posting.

    Thanks again

    On Wed, 12 May 2004 10:34:20 -0500, Ed <nobox@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >On Wed, 12 May 2004 08:32:02 -0700, KraZieMaN <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hey All,
    >>
    >>Just got an A7VX-X and a new CPU, AMD XP 2400+, to replace my old
    >>A7M266. Will an Antec 300W PS be sufficient? Here is a list of my
    >>parts.
    >>
    >>floppy
    >>DVD ROM
    >>DVD Burner
    >>GForce2 Pro
    >>SCSI Adapter card
    >>firewire card
    >>soundblaster 5.1
    >>3 10K SCSI drives
    >>512 PC2100 RAM
    >>
    >>TIA!
    >
    >http://takaman.jp/psu_calc.html?english
    >http://firingsquad.gamers.com/guides/power_supply/

    I finally got around to installed the new board and CPU. No problem
    whatsoever in powering up the system with a 300W Antec PS. Glad I
    didn't have to waste more money on a PS. Thanks again Ed.

    On Wed, 12 May 2004 08:32:02 -0700, KraZieMaN <> wrote:

    >Hey All,
    >
    >Just got an A7VX-X and a new CPU, AMD XP 2400+, to replace my old
    >A7M266. Will an Antec 300W PS be sufficient? Here is a list of my
    >parts.
    >
    >floppy
    >DVD ROM
    >DVD Burner