Upgraded wireless mouse and middle button misbehaves

May 6, 2004 10:21:56 PM

I recently upgraded my wireless desktop and installed the
new mouse driver along with everything else. Applications
that used to trap the middle mouse button no longer
function properly, it now does exactly what it says it
will, goes to the next window in the stack.

This is a significant issue because I use the middle
button for X-Window server applications that treat the
middle button as the paste button and now I can't cut and
paste between normal windows and X server windows.

Unfortunately, I didn't have a rollback version of the
driver on my desktop. It is definately the driver though,
because I tested on my laptop and the previous driver
doesn't have this problem.

Anybody have any helpful advice. The new mouse has the
side scroll capability, and explorer buttons, but the
older driver doesn't support them, or I would just copy
those off my laptop and put them on manually. Is there an
archive of drivers anywhere around that I can use to test
where they made the change in to break the trapping
behavior?

I can't ask microsoft support because I refuse to signup
for passport.
Anonymous
May 7, 2004 7:02:22 PM

Is this a Microsoft mouse? Intellipoint 5 software has features that do not
work, or were removed. You will have to un-install 5 and re-install 4.12 to
has the ones you want. Or you can wait for MS to release a revised version

!