selling printer UK

just before i put an ad here, just wanna check its ok with every1 first.
dont wanna get flamed.

had a look in misc.foresale.computers.printers but seems a bit dead in there
and not many UK posters.

TIA

Si

"Colin Bean" <colinbean5@aol.com> wrote in message
> just before i put an ad here, just wanna check its ok with every1 first.
> dont wanna get flamed.
>
> had a look in misc.foresale.computers.printers but seems a bit dead in
there
> and not many UK posters.
>
> TIA

I can't believe this isn't a troll posting.

To the OP:

a) Do you see 'marketplace', 'forsale' or 'wanted' in the NG name?
b) Have you never heard of eBay?

If you want to avoid harsher responses than this - don't post your for sale
ad.

Si.

In article <c5kclq$c2g$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk>, simon@nospamforme.co.uk
(Si) wrote:

> If you want to avoid harsher responses than this - don't post your for
> sale ad.

I think he wanted to avoid harsh responses entirely, which is why he
asked.

A simple 'No, adverts aren't acceptable in this group. I suggest you try
eBay would have sufficed. An added 'Thanks for checking' would have been
polite.

Jon.

"Si" <simon@nospamforme.co.uk> wrote in message
> "Colin Bean" <colinbean5@aol.com> wrote in message
> > just before i put an ad here, just wanna check its ok with every1 first.
> > dont wanna get flamed.
> >
> > had a look in misc.foresale.computers.printers but seems a bit dead in
> there
> > and not many UK posters.
> >
> > TIA
> >

> I can't believe this isn't a troll posting.
>
> To the OP:
>
> a) Do you see 'marketplace', 'forsale' or 'wanted' in the NG name?
> b) Have you never heard of eBay?
>
> If you want to avoid harsher responses than this - don't post your for
sale
> ad.
>
> Si.

you were rude to someone from your own country even.At least he asked. you
just had to say maybe you can find a forsale group in your home town or put
an ad in the local paper.

rudeness seems to be endemic to the entire world

One person's opinion

"mld" <spamnol@notvalid.com> wrote in message
: "Si" <simon@nospamforme.co.uk> wrote in message
: news:c5kclq$c2g$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...
: > "Colin Bean" <colinbean5@aol.com> wrote in message
: > news:c5ka7b$2lin3$1@ID-187743.news.uni-berlin.de...
: > > just before i put an ad here, just wanna check its ok with every1
first.
: > > dont wanna get flamed.
: > >
: > > had a look in misc.foresale.computers.printers but seems a bit dead in
: > there
: > > and not many UK posters.
: > >
: > > TIA
: > >
: > >
: >
:

"Life is fun" <azganospam@goodnet.com> wrote in message
> rudeness seems to be endemic to the entire world
>
> One person's opinion

Fortunately, not everybody is rude. Thank goodness, there are a lot of very
nice people in the world that you meet every day.

> "mld" <spamnol@notvalid.com> wrote in message
> : "Si" <simon@nospamforme.co.uk> wrote in message
> : news:c5kclq$c2g$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...
> : > "Colin Bean" <colinbean5@aol.com> wrote in message
> : > news:c5ka7b$2lin3$1@ID-187743.news.uni-berlin.de...
> : > > just before i put an ad here, just wanna check its ok with every1
> first.
> : > > dont wanna get flamed.
> : > >
> : > > had a look in misc.foresale.computers.printers but seems a bit dead
in
> : > there
> : > > and not many UK posters.
> : > >
> : > > TIA
> : > >
> : > >
> : >
> : > I can't believe this isn't a troll posting.
> : >
> : > To the OP:
> : >
> : > a) Do you see 'marketplace', 'forsale' or 'wanted' in the NG name?
> : > b) Have you never heard of eBay?
> : >
> : > If you want to avoid harsher responses than this - don't post your for
> : sale
> : > ad.
> : >
> : > Si.
> :
> : you were rude to someone from your own country even.At least he asked.
you
> : just had to say maybe you can find a forsale group in your home town or
> put
> : an ad in the local paper.
> :
> :

> I can't believe this isn't a troll posting.
>
> To the OP:
>
> a) Do you see 'marketplace', 'forsale' or 'wanted' in the NG name?
> b) Have you never heard of eBay?
>
> If you want to avoid harsher responses than this - don't post your for
sale
> ad.

wasnt trolling just asking, like in the uk.media.dvd there is no forsale in
it but peep sell dvds in there and it is accepted.

checked ebay but they dont have any i850's so its hard to see if 1 would
sell on there

cheers

In article <c5laua$2top8$1@ID-187743.news.uni-berlin.de>,
colinbean5@aol.com (Colin Bean) wrote:

> checked ebay but they dont have any i850's so its hard to see if 1 would
> sell on there

Anything sells there and if there aren't any there already, you'd have no
competition!

Jon.

> wasnt trolling just asking, like in the uk.media.dvd there is no forsale in
> it but peep sell dvds in there and it is accepted.

This is not a forsale group. You might take a look at the
misc.forsale.computers.printers newsgroup.

Regards,
Bob Headrick
Microsoft MVP

Si

"Jon O'Brien" <Jon@NOonlySPAMbrowsingTHANX.com> wrote in message
> In article <c5laua$2top8$1@ID-187743.news.uni-berlin.de>,
> colinbean5@aol.com (Colin Bean) wrote:
>
> > checked ebay but they dont have any i850's so its hard to see if 1 would
> > sell on there
>
> Anything sells there and if there aren't any there already, you'd have no
> competition!
>
> Jon.

Indeed.

I must apologise for my earlier rant - it wasn't called for. It's just that
the NG's are becoming swamped by trolling posts lately.

The OP bore the brunt I'm afraid.

Best of luck - believe me, eBay is the place to sell it.

Si.

In article <c5mfip$uo2$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk>, simon@nospamforme.co.uk
(Si) wrote:

> I must apologise for my earlier rant...

Everyone has bad days; few bother to apologise for them. Kudos to you.

Jon.

> I must apologise for my earlier rant - it wasn't called for. It's just
that
> the NG's are becoming swamped by trolling posts lately.
>
> The OP bore the brunt I'm afraid.
>
> Best of luck - believe me, eBay is the place to sell it.
>
> Si.

cheers, ive ebay'd it now so just have to wait and see how much it goes for

> "Jon O'Brien" <Jon@NOonlySPAMbrowsingTHANX.com> wrote in message
> > In article <c5laua$2top8$1@ID-187743.news.uni-berlin.de>,
> > colinbean5@aol.com (Colin Bean) wrote:
> >
> > > checked ebay but they dont have any i850's so its hard to see if 1
would
> > > sell on there
> >
> > Anything sells there and if there aren't any there already, you'd have
no
> > competition!
> >
> > Jon.
>
> Indeed.
>
> I must apologise for my earlier rant - it wasn't called for. It's just
that
> the NG's are becoming swamped by trolling posts lately.
>
> The OP bore the brunt I'm afraid.
>
> Best of luck - believe me, eBay is the place to sell it.
>
> Si.

Good guy Si for making a public apology.

mld

Si

"Si" <simon@nospamforme.co.uk> wrote in message
> "Jon O'Brien" <Jon@NOonlySPAMbrowsingTHANX.com> wrote in message
> > In article <c5laua$2top8$1@ID-187743.news.uni-berlin.de>,
> > colinbean5@aol.com (Colin Bean) wrote:
> >
> > > checked ebay but they dont have any i850's so its hard to see if 1
would
> > > sell on there
> >
> > Anything sells there and if there aren't any there already, you'd have
no
> > competition!
> >
> > Jon.
>
> Indeed.
>
> I must apologise for my earlier rant - it wasn't called for. It's just
that
> the NG's are becoming swamped by trolling posts lately.
>
> The OP bore the brunt I'm afraid.
>
> Best of luck - believe me, eBay is the place to sell it.
>
> Si.

See, told you eBay was the place to sell it....

Si.

> See, told you eBay was the place to sell it....
>
> Si.

yeah didnt really know what to expect, £80 aint too bad i suppose. now i
gotta decide whether to get the i865, i965 or i990.

any recommendations?

> > See, told you eBay was the place to sell it....
> >
> > Si.
> >

> yeah didnt really know what to expect, £80 aint too bad i suppose. now i
> gotta decide whether to get the i865, i965 or i990.
>
> any recommendations?

I had two i865s but they both printed on the diagonal (print about 2mm
higher on the rhight hand side of the paper than the left)...took them back.

Now have an Epson R200 - does the job.

Si.