  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
Share
May 13, 2004 9:00:40 PM

I'm going to be getting a P4C800-E motherboard with a 3.2C P4. I was
thinking of getting 1GB of either PC3200 or PC3700 Corsair RAM. I think
I saw on a review or a forum somewhere that Asus boards don't play well
with Corsair memory. Anyone else have this board and are running Corsair
memory? Any truth to this?

Thanks,
Paul

More about : corsair memory p4c800

Anonymous
a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
May 13, 2004 10:16:18 PM

1Gb (2x512) Corsair TwinX PC4000 runs fine on mine.

Stu.

"Paul" <tbirdman@bellatlantic.net> wrote in message
> I'm going to be getting a P4C800-E motherboard with a 3.2C P4. I was
> thinking of getting 1GB of either PC3200 or PC3700 Corsair RAM. I think
> I saw on a review or a forum somewhere that Asus boards don't play well
> with Corsair memory. Anyone else have this board and are running Corsair
> memory? Any truth to this?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

May 13, 2004 10:39:28 PM

On Thu, 13 May 2004 17:00:40 GMT, Paul <tbirdman@bellatlantic.net>
wrote:

||I'm going to be getting a P4C800-E motherboard with a 3.2C P4. I was
||thinking of getting 1GB of either PC3200 or PC3700 Corsair RAM. I think
||I saw on a review or a forum somewhere that Asus boards don't play well
||with Corsair memory. Anyone else have this board and are running Corsair
||memory? Any truth to this?
||Thanks,
||Paul

Not problems with my http://tinyurl.com/22jbr

Pluvious
a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
May 14, 2004 1:51:10 AM

"Paul" <tbirdman@bellatlantic.net> wrote in message
> I'm going to be getting a P4C800-E motherboard with a 3.2C P4. I was
> thinking of getting 1GB of either PC3200 or PC3700 Corsair RAM. I think
> I saw on a review or a forum somewhere that Asus boards don't play well
> with Corsair memory. Anyone else have this board and are running Corsair
> memory? Any truth to this?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

I am running 2 x 512MG (1GB) of corsair DDR XMS3200LL Pro TwinX, and is
stable.

Leigh-Anne
Anonymous
a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
May 15, 2004 2:39:12 AM

Paul

TWINX XMS3200 2 x 512 MB 3200LLPT works just fine for me. No problems
whatsoever!

Alan
"Paul" <tbirdman@bellatlantic.net> wrote in message
> I'm going to be getting a P4C800-E motherboard with a 3.2C P4. I was
> thinking of getting 1GB of either PC3200 or PC3700 Corsair RAM. I think
> I saw on a review or a forum somewhere that Asus boards don't play well
> with Corsair memory. Anyone else have this board and are running Corsair
> memory? Any truth to this?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

Anonymous
a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
May 15, 2004 9:02:39 PM

"Paul" <tbirdman@bellatlantic.net> schreef in bericht
> I'm going to be getting a P4C800-E motherboard with a 3.2C P4. I was
> thinking of getting 1GB of either PC3200 or PC3700 Corsair RAM. I think
> I saw on a review or a forum somewhere that Asus boards don't play well
> with Corsair memory. Anyone else have this board and are running Corsair
> memory? Any truth to this?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

I have no problems with Corsair TWINX DChannel LL Pro PC3200 (2x512 MB)
whatsoever, stable as a rock. Some time ago I read a test by Asus on their
site using this Corsair memory (CAS 2-3-3-6) with the P4C800E-DLX and it
came out just fine. I don't remember the exact link though.

Jan
May 18, 2004 12:48:13 AM

If you check the board specs on the ASUS web site you will find the
brands and part numbers for memory tested and approved for use with
that board. Last time I looked there was a Corsair part number
listed. I used the Corsair with mine and have had no problems what so
ever.

Paul <tbirdman@bellatlantic.net> wrote in message news:<40A3A911.70104@bellatlantic.net>...
> I'm going to be getting a P4C800-E motherboard with a 3.2C P4. I was
> thinking of getting 1GB of either PC3200 or PC3700 Corsair RAM. I think
> I saw on a review or a forum somewhere that Asus boards don't play well
> with Corsair memory. Anyone else have this board and are running Corsair
> memory? Any truth to this?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul
May 19, 2004 5:26:40 PM