Corsair memory on a P4c800-E?

Paul

Splendid

I'm going to be getting a P4C800-E motherboard with a 3.2C P4. I was
thinking of getting 1GB of either PC3200 or PC3700 Corsair RAM. I think
I saw on a review or a forum somewhere that Asus boards don't play well
with Corsair memory. Anyone else have this board and are running Corsair
memory? Any truth to this?

Thanks,
Paul

1Gb (2x512) Corsair TwinX PC4000 runs fine on mine.

Stu.

"Paul" <tbirdman@bellatlantic.net> wrote in message
> I'm going to be getting a P4C800-E motherboard with a 3.2C P4. I was
> thinking of getting 1GB of either PC3200 or PC3700 Corsair RAM. I think
> I saw on a review or a forum somewhere that Asus boards don't play well
> with Corsair memory. Anyone else have this board and are running Corsair
> memory? Any truth to this?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

Pluvious

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2002

On Thu, 13 May 2004 17:00:40 GMT, Paul <tbirdman@bellatlantic.net>
wrote:

||I'm going to be getting a P4C800-E motherboard with a 3.2C P4. I was
||thinking of getting 1GB of either PC3200 or PC3700 Corsair RAM. I think
||I saw on a review or a forum somewhere that Asus boards don't play well
||with Corsair memory. Anyone else have this board and are running Corsair
||memory? Any truth to this?
||Thanks,
||Paul

Not problems with my http://tinyurl.com/22jbr

Pluvious

"Paul" <tbirdman@bellatlantic.net> wrote in message
> I'm going to be getting a P4C800-E motherboard with a 3.2C P4. I was
> thinking of getting 1GB of either PC3200 or PC3700 Corsair RAM. I think
> I saw on a review or a forum somewhere that Asus boards don't play well
> with Corsair memory. Anyone else have this board and are running Corsair
> memory? Any truth to this?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

I am running 2 x 512MG (1GB) of corsair DDR XMS3200LL Pro TwinX, and is
stable.

Leigh-Anne

Paul

TWINX XMS3200 2 x 512 MB 3200LLPT works just fine for me. No problems
whatsoever!

Alan

"Paul" <tbirdman@bellatlantic.net> schreef in bericht
> I'm going to be getting a P4C800-E motherboard with a 3.2C P4. I was
> thinking of getting 1GB of either PC3200 or PC3700 Corsair RAM. I think
> I saw on a review or a forum somewhere that Asus boards don't play well
> with Corsair memory. Anyone else have this board and are running Corsair
> memory? Any truth to this?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

I have no problems with Corsair TWINX DChannel LL Pro PC3200 (2x512 MB)
whatsoever, stable as a rock. Some time ago I read a test by Asus on their
site using this Corsair memory (CAS 2-3-3-6) with the P4C800E-DLX and it
came out just fine. I don't remember the exact link though.

Jan

gb

If you check the board specs on the ASUS web site you will find the
brands and part numbers for memory tested and approved for use with
that board. Last time I looked there was a Corsair part number
listed. I used the Corsair with mine and have had no problems what so
ever.

Paul <tbirdman@bellatlantic.net> wrote in message news:<40A3A911.70104@bellatlantic.net>...
> I'm going to be getting a P4C800-E motherboard with a 3.2C P4. I was
> thinking of getting 1GB of either PC3200 or PC3700 Corsair RAM. I think
> I saw on a review or a forum somewhere that Asus boards don't play well
> with Corsair memory. Anyone else have this board and are running Corsair
> memory? Any truth to this?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

ken