Corsair memory on a P4c800-E?

I'm going to be getting a P4C800-E motherboard with a 3.2C P4. I was
thinking of getting 1GB of either PC3200 or PC3700 Corsair RAM. I think
I saw on a review or a forum somewhere that Asus boards don't play well
with Corsair memory. Anyone else have this board and are running Corsair
memory? Any truth to this?

Thanks,
Paul
7 answers Last reply
More about corsair memory p4c800

    1Gb (2x512) Corsair TwinX PC4000 runs fine on mine.

    Stu.

    On Thu, 13 May 2004 17:00:40 GMT, Paul <tbirdman@bellatlantic.net>
    wrote:

    ||I'm going to be getting a P4C800-E motherboard with a 3.2C P4. I was
    ||thinking of getting 1GB of either PC3200 or PC3700 Corsair RAM. I think
    ||I saw on a review or a forum somewhere that Asus boards don't play well
    ||with Corsair memory. Anyone else have this board and are running Corsair
    ||memory? Any truth to this?
    ||Thanks,
    ||Paul

    Not problems with my http://tinyurl.com/22jbr

    Pluvious

    "Paul" <tbirdman@bellatlantic.net> wrote in message
    > I'm going to be getting a P4C800-E motherboard with a 3.2C P4. I was
    > thinking of getting 1GB of either PC3200 or PC3700 Corsair RAM. I think
    > I saw on a review or a forum somewhere that Asus boards don't play well
    > with Corsair memory. Anyone else have this board and are running Corsair
    > memory? Any truth to this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Paul

    I am running 2 x 512MG (1GB) of corsair DDR XMS3200LL Pro TwinX, and is
    stable.

    Leigh-Anne

    Paul

    TWINX XMS3200 2 x 512 MB 3200LLPT works just fine for me. No problems
    whatsoever!

    Alan

    "Paul" <tbirdman@bellatlantic.net> schreef in bericht
    > I'm going to be getting a P4C800-E motherboard with a 3.2C P4. I was
    > thinking of getting 1GB of either PC3200 or PC3700 Corsair RAM. I think
    > I saw on a review or a forum somewhere that Asus boards don't play well
    > with Corsair memory. Anyone else have this board and are running Corsair
    > memory? Any truth to this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Paul

    I have no problems with Corsair TWINX DChannel LL Pro PC3200 (2x512 MB)
    whatsoever, stable as a rock. Some time ago I read a test by Asus on their
    site using this Corsair memory (CAS 2-3-3-6) with the P4C800E-DLX and it
    came out just fine. I don't remember the exact link though.

    Jan

    If you check the board specs on the ASUS web site you will find the
    brands and part numbers for memory tested and approved for use with
    that board. Last time I looked there was a Corsair part number
    listed. I used the Corsair with mine and have had no problems what so
    ever.

    wrote:

    > I'm going to be getting a P4C800-E motherboard with a 3.2C P4. I was
    > thinking of getting 1GB of either PC3200 or PC3700 Corsair RAM. I think
    > I saw on a review or a forum somewhere that Asus boards don't play well
    > with Corsair memory. Anyone else have this board and are running Corsair
    > memory? Any truth to this?

    http://www.asus.com/products/mb/socket478/P4C800_DDR400_QVL.pdf

    http://www.asus.com/products/mb/mbindex.htm#socket478

Asus Corsair Memory Motherboards