help! a7n8x

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
May 13, 2004 10:06:09 PM

i want to o/clock my xp2800+ on my a7n8x version 2 board, its a locked cpu,
but i cant find any options in the bios to lock the agp/pci so that i cant
raise the fsb safely
anyone any idea were in the bios this is?
i am used to abit mobo bioses, asus looks kinda confusing

any help would be greatly apprieciated

thanx

More about : a7n8x

May 13, 2004 10:06:10 PM

On Thu, 13 May 2004 18:06:09 +0100, "andy" <andy9u32k@blueyonder.co.uk>
wrote:

>i want to o/clock my xp2800+ on my a7n8x version 2 board, its a locked cpu,
>but i cant find any options in the bios to lock the agp/pci so that i cant
>raise the fsb safely
>anyone any idea were in the bios this is?
>i am used to abit mobo bioses, asus looks kinda confusing
>
>any help would be greatly apprieciated
>
>thanx

You can set AGP Frequency to 66MHz in BIOS, PCI is said to be locked on
these boards.

Ed
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 14, 2004 4:50:36 AM

"andy" <andy9u32k@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> i want to o/clock my xp2800+ on my a7n8x version 2 board, its a locked
cpu,
> but i cant find any options in the bios to lock the agp/pci so that i cant
> raise the fsb safely
> anyone any idea were in the bios this is?
> i am used to abit mobo bioses, asus looks kinda confusing
>
> any help would be greatly apprieciated
>
> thanx

Check the manual on pages 55-57.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 14, 2004 4:53:21 AM

"andy" <andy9u32k@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> i want to o/clock my xp2800+ on my a7n8x version 2 board, its a locked
cpu,
> but i cant find any options in the bios to lock the agp/pci so that i cant
> raise the fsb safely
> anyone any idea were in the bios this is?
> i am used to abit mobo bioses, asus looks kinda confusing
>
> any help would be greatly apprieciated
>
> thanx

Sorry, that reference was from my Deluxe version manual. The link you want
is here:
http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?Model...
!