help! a7n8x

i want to o/clock my xp2800+ on my a7n8x version 2 board, its a locked cpu,
but i cant find any options in the bios to lock the agp/pci so that i cant
raise the fsb safely
anyone any idea were in the bios this is?
i am used to abit mobo bioses, asus looks kinda confusing

any help would be greatly apprieciated

thanx
3 answers Last reply
More about help a7n8x

    On Thu, 13 May 2004 18:06:09 +0100, "andy" <andy9u32k@blueyonder.co.uk>
    wrote:

    >i want to o/clock my xp2800+ on my a7n8x version 2 board, its a locked cpu,
    >but i cant find any options in the bios to lock the agp/pci so that i cant
    >raise the fsb safely
    >anyone any idea were in the bios this is?
    >i am used to abit mobo bioses, asus looks kinda confusing
    >
    >any help would be greatly apprieciated
    >
    >thanx

    You can set AGP Frequency to 66MHz in BIOS, PCI is said to be locked on
    these boards.

    Ed

    "andy" <andy9u32k@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > i want to o/clock my xp2800+ on my a7n8x version 2 board, its a locked
    cpu,
    > but i cant find any options in the bios to lock the agp/pci so that i cant
    > raise the fsb safely
    > anyone any idea were in the bios this is?
    > i am used to abit mobo bioses, asus looks kinda confusing
    >
    > any help would be greatly apprieciated
    >
    > thanx

    Check the manual on pages 55-57.

    "andy" <andy9u32k@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > i want to o/clock my xp2800+ on my a7n8x version 2 board, its a locked
    cpu,
    > but i cant find any options in the bios to lock the agp/pci so that i cant
    > raise the fsb safely
    > anyone any idea were in the bios this is?
    > i am used to abit mobo bioses, asus looks kinda confusing
    >
    > any help would be greatly apprieciated
    >
    > thanx

    Sorry, that reference was from my Deluxe version manual. The link you want
    is here:
    http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=A7N8X

Asus BIOS Motherboards