Differences A7V8X-X en A7V8X-MX ?

Mike

Splendid

Hi,

I just boiught the A7V8X-MX because the A7V8X-X was out of stock. Can anyone
tell me the difference in performance and usability between these two? I know
the MX is the mini-ATX version.

I know the MX has video onboard (not needed), 3 instead of 6x PCI (no problem),
and the chipset KM400 instead of KT400. Are there any more differences I should
know about? Especcially before buying... ;)

Thanks in advace!
Mike
(The Netherlands)

You seem to be looking for an "economy priced" board.
Have a look at the ASUS A7V600-X. I am using both the A7V600 and the
A7V600-X and both computers have been running very well. The 600-X is the
cheaper board.

karl

The MX board has an integrated video chip as well as on board sound. If you
plan on doing allot of high graphic ergo high graphic gaming etc. I suggest
returning it for the a7v8x-x board. If you plan on using it for word and
data processing it will do fine.
..

"Mike" <mike@digitaal.demonROTZOOI.nl> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I just boiught the A7V8X-MX because the A7V8X-X was out of stock. Can
anyone
> tell me the difference in performance and usability between these two? I
know
> the MX is the mini-ATX version.
>
> I know the MX has video onboard (not needed), 3 instead of 6x PCI (no
problem),
> and the chipset KM400 instead of KT400. Are there any more differences I
should
> know about? Especcially before buying... ;)
>

> Thanks in advace!
> Mike
> (The Netherlands)

HarrY

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

FWIW My kids PC has the MX mobo installed.

They play F1- 2002 with full graphic detail and it runs like a dream.

As far as I am aware the onboard graphics is one of the best onboard
chipsets available.

My father installed a A7V600 and has had no amount of trouble with
lockups and reboots.

If you are after a reasonable PC at budget cost then I reckon the MX
is a good mobo to go with.

HTH

Harry

On Thu, 13 May 2004 19:15:15 +0200, "Mike"