My Keyboard configuration is wrong. The @ and " keys are reversed. How do I fix this?
6 answers Last reply
More about keyboard configuration

    >-----Original Message-----
    >My Keyboard configuration is wrong. The @ and " keys are
    reversed. How do I fix this?
    >.

    Is the # and £ also reversed?

    If so, you might have the language settings for your keyboard wrong. I don't
    have an XP machine to hand at the moment, but if you look in control panel
    under Language/Regional settings, or you might have a little 'UK' or 'US'
    icon on your tool bar, try double clicking on that. Failing that, try
    looking up 'Keyboard Settings' in the on-line help.

    Sorry this advise is a bit wooly, but it might be enough

    Cheers,

    ChrisM

    "Jasonppmcelroy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My Keyboard configuration is wrong. The @ and " keys are reversed. How do
    I fix this?

    keyboards--change the settings to english uk,

    go to control panel ,regional and languages --click
    languages on page that appears,click details ,change
    keyboard to english united kingdom,,(if it isnt available
    you will have to instal it from windows setup disc

  5. With ref to the above thread I have tried all the reccomended remedies but I am still getting the at and " keys the wrong way round..any one got ideas..I recently reinstalled windows xp. :o
  6. You definitely need to goto Start, Settings, Control, Panel, Regional and Language Options. Make Sure you are in Classic view if using XP. Click on the Language Tab, Click Details and make sure that you only have English United STates as your Keyboard language and not English the United Kingdom. If you do see English United Kingdom hightlight it and remove it.

Hardware Configuration Microsoft Keyboards Windows XP