Media Player

June 9, 2004 2:42:43 PM

I have a Compaq Ipaq 3650 running WinCE 2002. A while back the battery ran
completely down and I lost a bunch of stuff. Not a problem right, just
re-install a few things. 30 minutes and everything I need is back as it
was. Except Media Player. Seems that everything I find is just updates.
Even on the 2002 upgrade CD. I've been all over Microsoft. No luck.:-(
Where can I get the full version of Media Player v8.0 for PocketPC?

John

More about : media player

Anonymous
June 9, 2004 4:17:53 PM

What happend when you try to install the update?

Shawn Brown [MSFT]
"This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warrenties, and confers no rights"

--
Rajit Singh Shinh
Software Design Engineer in Test

"John Holt" <johnh@regionv.k12.mn.us> wrote in message
news:o KShohjTEHA.2128@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> I have a Compaq Ipaq 3650 running WinCE 2002. A while back the battery
ran
> completely down and I lost a bunch of stuff. Not a problem right, just
> re-install a few things. 30 minutes and everything I need is back as it
> was. Except Media Player. Seems that everything I find is just updates.
> Even on the 2002 upgrade CD. I've been all over Microsoft. No luck.:-(
> Where can I get the full version of Media Player v8.0 for PocketPC?
>
> John

Anonymous
June 9, 2004 7:16:40 PM

John,

The only place I have seen the install for 8 was one I pulled it from an
EUU update CAB file,but I may have deleted since 8.5 is the latest for
ppc2002.

I would try to perform the latest End User Update or SoftPaq for your
device and it should be automatically installed from this.

Also double check to see if the file is still there it is located under
/windows/player

Let us know how you make out.

Steven 'fyiguy' Hughes - Microsoft MVP, Mobile Devices
BostonPocketPC.com
http://www.bostonpocketpc.com
--

John Holt wrote:

> I have a Compaq Ipaq 3650 running WinCE 2002. A while back the battery ran
> completely down and I lost a bunch of stuff. Not a problem right, just
> re-install a few things. 30 minutes and everything I need is back as it
> was. Except Media Player. Seems that everything I find is just updates.
> Even on the 2002 upgrade CD. I've been all over Microsoft. No luck.:-(
> Where can I get the full version of Media Player v8.0 for PocketPC?

> John
Anonymous
June 14, 2004 8:31:17 PM

Steven, thanks for the reply.:-)

I have done all that and Media Player was not auto installed. I did finally
get it to install from the W2002 upgrade CD. But when I try to run it, I
get the message to check the path, that it can't find player.exe. It was
installed to \Program Files\Windows Media Player. But I get the same
message when I try to run it directly from there.

There is no folder \Windows\Player but I'll make one and move it in. See if
that helps. I'll keep you posted.

John

"Steven fyiguy Hughes [MS MVP Mobile Dev]" <fyiguy@mail.com> wrote in
message news:o aLdx9mTEHA.3660@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...