Can XP be tricked about hardware?

I've got a couple of mice connected to my computer but they're from
different companies with corresponding different mouse drivers to activate
all their features. Doesn't seem like I can have different drivers for each
mouse and each driver won't work with the other company's mouse, so it can
only use the generic mouse driver features.

Is there any way to fool the mouse driver into thinking the
manufacturer/model of a mouse is different than what it really is, so that
it will work with a different mouse driver?

Thanks.

Use hardware profiles?

Bobby

"Ric" <riiiiiic@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've got a couple of mice connected to my computer but they're from
> different companies with corresponding different mouse drivers to activate
> all their features. Doesn't seem like I can have different drivers for
> each
> mouse and each driver won't work with the other company's mouse, so it can
> only use the generic mouse driver features.
>
> Is there any way to fool the mouse driver into thinking the
> manufacturer/model of a mouse is different than what it really is, so that
> it will work with a different mouse driver?
>
> Thanks.

If only it is a ps 2 mouse.
Remove all mouse drives.

Reboot it will become a generic mouse drive.

Should hardware detection come up-ignore it if you have the mouse
pointer. Otherwise, let it install the default drive.

No extra feature will be available

>On Fri, 7 May 2004 09:43:10 -1000, "NoNoBadDog!" <nospam_bjsledge@pixi.com> wrote:

>Use hardware profiles?
>
>Bobby
>
>"Ric" <riiiiiic@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I've got a couple of mice connected to my computer but they're from
>> different companies with corresponding different mouse drivers to activate
>> all their features. Doesn't seem like I can have different drivers for
>> each
>> mouse and each driver won't work with the other company's mouse, so it can
>> only use the generic mouse driver features.
>>
>> Is there any way to fool the mouse driver into thinking the
>> manufacturer/model of a mouse is different than what it really is, so that
>> it will work with a different mouse driver?
>>
>> Thanks.

But I want the extra features...

Brian C wrote:
> If only it is a ps 2 mouse.
> Remove all mouse drives.
>
> Reboot it will become a generic mouse drive.
>
> Should hardware detection come up-ignore it if you have the mouse
> pointer. Otherwise, let it install the default drive.
>
> No extra feature will be available
>
>> On Fri, 7 May 2004 09:43:10 -1000, "NoNoBadDog!"
>> <nospam_bjsledge@pixi.com> wrote:
>
>> Use hardware profiles?
>>
>> Bobby
>>
>> "Ric" <riiiiiic@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> I've got a couple of mice connected to my computer but they're from
>>> different companies with corresponding different mouse drivers to
>>> activate all their features. Doesn't seem like I can have different
>>> drivers for each
>>> mouse and each driver won't work with the other company's mouse, so
>>> it can only use the generic mouse driver features.
>>>
>>> Is there any way to fool the mouse driver into thinking the
>>> manufacturer/model of a mouse is different than what it really is,
>>> so that it will work with a different mouse driver?
>>>
>>> Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS