USB 2.0 not work in my P4PE (work only in 1.1 mode)
I've WinXP HE with all MS patch releaded until today installed.
Date USB driver: 01/06/2002 version 5.1.2600
(USB 2.0 is enable on BIOS!)
Any solutions?
Thank in advance.
Luca

Paul

Splendid

In article <i5l7a09d1m4qvjiemvi8s5g5djvfrti0bq@4ax.com>, luca
<luca@no.spam> wrote:

> USB 2.0 not work in my P4PE (work only in 1.1 mode)
> I've WinXP HE with all MS patch releaded until today installed.
> Date USB driver: 01/06/2002 version 5.1.2600
> (USB 2.0 is enable on BIOS!)
> Any solutions?
> Thank in advance.
> Luca

http://usbman.com/USB%202%20News.htm

Do you have Service Pack 1 (WinXP SP1) installed ?

Paul

nospam@needed.com (Paul) wrote:

>Do you have Service Pack 1 (WinXP SP1) installed ?

Yes. I've also installed WindowsXP-KB822603-x86-ITA.exe found on
http://usbman.com but not work again in 2.0 mode :-/

Paul

Splendid

In article <vob9a01gktankt343toink9vrkeejr67cf@4ax.com>, luca
<luca@no.spam> wrote:

> nospam@needed.com (Paul) wrote:
>
> >Do you have Service Pack 1 (WinXP SP1) installed ?
>
> Yes. I've also installed WindowsXP-KB822603-x86-ITA.exe found on
> http://usbman.com but not work again in 2.0 mode :-/

What happens if you delete the USB entries and let Windows
rediscover the hardware ?

In Device Manager, there should be an entry in the USB
section with the word "Enhanced" in it. That would mean
USB 2.0 is installed.

http://usbman.com/Guides/checking_for_usb_2.htm

Paul

nospam@needed.com (Paul) wrote:

>What happens if you delete the USB entries and let Windows
>rediscover the hardware ?

I have already tried to uninstall USB :) After reboot WinXp detect new
hardware and reinstall it (No error found!)

>In Device Manager, there should be an entry in the USB
>section with the word "Enhanced" in it. That would mean
>USB 2.0 is installed.

Yes.
<Controller host avanzato USB 2.0 Inter(r) 82801DB\DBM - 24CD>

avanzato(ITA) = enhanced(ENG)

To test I use USB 2.0 Z-Cyber Cool Disk 2.0 (a memory stick)
In my PC the transfer-rate is slow (the same of USB 1.1)

However I believe of to have "resolved" the problem:
http://www.computerbase.de/artikel/hardware/peripherie/5_usb_sticks_vergleich/5/

I don't understand the german language but USB 2.0 Z-Cyber Cool Disk
2.0 seems to have some problem on P4PE :/

Paul

Splendid

In article <1mkba09j54vla0oamg6cg7919e9h12u6qu@4ax.com>, luca
<luca@no.spam> wrote:

> nospam@needed.com (Paul) wrote:
>
> >What happens if you delete the USB entries and let Windows
> >rediscover the hardware ?
>
> I have already tried to uninstall USB :) After reboot WinXp detect new
> hardware and reinstall it (No error found!)
>
> >In Device Manager, there should be an entry in the USB
> >section with the word "Enhanced" in it. That would mean
> >USB 2.0 is installed.
>
> Yes.
> <Controller host avanzato USB 2.0 Inter(r) 82801DB\DBM - 24CD>
>
> avanzato(ITA) = enhanced(ENG)
>
> To test I use USB 2.0 Z-Cyber Cool Disk 2.0 (a memory stick)
> In my PC the transfer-rate is slow (the same of USB 1.1)
>
> However I believe of to have "resolved" the problem:

http://www.computerbase.de/artikel/hardware/peripherie/5_usb_sticks_vergleich/5/

> I don't understand the german language but USB 2.0 Z-Cyber Cool Disk
> 2.0 seems to have some problem on P4PE :/

Go to the P4PE BIOS "USB 2.0 HS Reference Voltage" and try [High]
or [Maximum] and see if the transfer rate changes. The setting
is in "Advanced","Chip Configuration". As far as I know, this setting
changes the size of the signal sent to the USB interface, and perhaps
adjusting the signal will give better results.

HTH,
Paul

nospam@needed.com (Paul) wrote:

>Go to the P4PE BIOS "USB 2.0 HS Reference Voltage" and try [High]
>or [Maximum] and see if the transfer rate changes.

I've tried but the transfer rate not change :-/
Thanks the same :)
Luca