jay

Ok guys and gals tell me what you think!

Barton vs. Thoroughbred

I know that the barton has more cache, but it seems like the thoroughbred is
more overclockable?

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Jay wrote:
> Ok guys and gals tell me what you think!
>
> Barton vs. Thoroughbred
>
> I know that the barton has more cache, but it seems like the
> thoroughbred is more overclockable?

barton 2500 mobile

Jay wrote:
> Ok guys and gals tell me what you think!
>
> Barton vs. Thoroughbred
>
> I know that the barton has more cache, but it seems like the thoroughbred
> is more overclockable?

It would need to be to keep up :p

I dunno if the tbred is more overclockable... they use the same system to
manufacture the chips. The Barton has a larger die area than the Tbred, but
produces more heat. The power consumption/die area is lower on the Barton,
so although it user more power, it should be easier to get the heat off of
the chip.

Get a Barton. Clock for clock it's better and I doubt the Tbreds overclock
significantly better.

Ben