  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
Share
May 13, 2004 10:40:31 PM

I am upgrading from Asus A7v133 to A7n8x-e Deluxe

Ideally I would like to remove WIN ME all together and be able to have my
winxp hard drive be the primary IDE master, be able to clean off the drive
and use it for storage

Also my boot.ini looks like this....
[boot loader]
timeout=5
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP
Professional" /fastdetect
C:\="Microsoft Windows"

, Currently

"C" drive is plugged into Pri IDE and has Win ME on it...
"D" is plugged into Pri IDE (second connector) <storage only>
"E" is plugged into Pri ATA 100 Port and has Win XP on it
"F" is a DVDRW drive and is plugged into Sec ATA 100 Port

This is a multi boot system with Win ME being the origional OS
I install WIN XP on a new drive "e" and it is the only OS I use anymore.

When i connect these drives to the new motherboard WIN XP wont boot.....WIN
ME still will but like I said I never use it.

I connected the drives in the new mobo like this

C and D was plugged into PRI IDE
E and F was plugged into SEC IDE

when multi boot comes up if you select Start normally it runs for about 30
secs then reboots on its own if you run it in safe mode it will load about
25-30 drivers then reboot on its own....as i said it will run WIN ME
normally. Please advise on how to get this up and running

More about : multi boot upgade winxp

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 14, 2004 5:11:59 AM

You really need to re-install winXP
your moving from a VIA chipset to a NV chipset and it's really not healty
(for windows) to do that.

You can try doing all of the repair jazz that people (like search for your
question here and you'll find the answer in these forums) :)
!