Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

A7M266 and XP 2100+

Tags:
  • Asus
  • Windows XP
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
Share
May 14, 2004 3:03:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

Hello

Due to an improperly seated heatsink, my Tbird 1.44 seems to have been
fried in this board. I bought a XP2100+ from Newegg as a replacement. I
have read nearly everything there is about how to make this processor work
with A7M266. Unfortunately I can't event get a post from this MB.

I have tried the following:

1) Shorting the soldering points to reset the BIOS
2) Change the jumpers to 1.8 and 1.85 volts.

Unfortunately none of these steps have worked.

Any help, hint or suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Regards

More about : a7m266 2100

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 14, 2004 3:03:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

Check your Bios version-some older A7M266's Bios wont support an XP. Go to
ASUS site and download the latest version and flash utility.




<--@nowhere.inv> wrote in message news:Xns94E8A34B8E9DNone@68.6.19.6...
> Hello
>
> Due to an improperly seated heatsink, my Tbird 1.44 seems to have been
> fried in this board. I bought a XP2100+ from Newegg as a replacement. I
> have read nearly everything there is about how to make this processor work
> with A7M266. Unfortunately I can't event get a post from this MB.
>
> I have tried the following:
>
> 1) Shorting the soldering points to reset the BIOS
> 2) Change the jumpers to 1.8 and 1.85 volts.
>
> Unfortunately none of these steps have worked.
>
> Any help, hint or suggestion is greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards
May 14, 2004 7:07:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

"Paul E. LePage" <Paul1@chartermi.net> wrote in
news:10a8cajqem9h5b4@corp.supernews.com:

> Check your Bios version-some older A7M266's Bios wont support an XP.
> Go to ASUS site and download the latest version and flash utility.

Thanks for the reply, however I can't even get a post let alone have the
ability to flash a BIOS. I think my only option is to find a Duron and use
that to flash the BIOS.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 14, 2004 7:08:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

Remove the CPU and try to post-it should tell you "missing cpu". Worth a
try.



<--@nowhere.inv> wrote in message news:Xns94E8CCCDE2F99None@68.6.19.6...
> "Paul E. LePage" <Paul1@chartermi.net> wrote in
> news:10a8cajqem9h5b4@corp.supernews.com:
>
> > Check your Bios version-some older A7M266's Bios wont support an XP.
> > Go to ASUS site and download the latest version and flash utility.
>
> Thanks for the reply, however I can't even get a post let alone have the
> ability to flash a BIOS. I think my only option is to find a Duron and use
> that to flash the BIOS.
!