A7M266 and XP 2100+

Hello

Due to an improperly seated heatsink, my Tbird 1.44 seems to have been
fried in this board. I bought a XP2100+ from Newegg as a replacement. I
have read nearly everything there is about how to make this processor work
with A7M266. Unfortunately I can't event get a post from this MB.

I have tried the following:

1) Shorting the soldering points to reset the BIOS
2) Change the jumpers to 1.8 and 1.85 volts.

Unfortunately none of these steps have worked.

Any help, hint or suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Regards
3 answers Last reply
More about a7m266 2100

    Check your Bios version-some older A7M266's Bios wont support an XP. Go to
    ASUS site and download the latest version and flash utility.

    "Paul E. LePage" <Paul1@chartermi.net> wrote in

    > Check your Bios version-some older A7M266's Bios wont support an XP.
    > Go to ASUS site and download the latest version and flash utility.

    Thanks for the reply, however I can't even get a post let alone have the
    ability to flash a BIOS. I think my only option is to find a Duron and use
    that to flash the BIOS.

    Remove the CPU and try to post-it should tell you "missing cpu". Worth a
    try.

    <--@nowhere.inv> wrote in message news:Xns94E8CCCDE2F99None@68.6.19.6...
    > "Paul E. LePage" <Paul1@chartermi.net> wrote in
    >
    > > Check your Bios version-some older A7M266's Bios wont support an XP.
    > > Go to ASUS site and download the latest version and flash utility.
    >
    > Thanks for the reply, however I can't even get a post let alone have the
    > ability to flash a BIOS. I think my only option is to find a Duron and use
    > that to flash the BIOS.

Asus Windows XP Motherboards