I have recieved a "Blue Screen of Death".

Here is what it said:

The problem seems to be caused by the following file:

iesprt.sys

Technical information:

STOP: 0x000000BE (0x80502648, 0x0052121, 0xee268BA4,
0x0000000B)

iesprt.sys - Adress FA344443 base at FA344000 DATESTAMP
408eb71a

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

How do I find out what program this file belongs to?

The file is located in my Windows\system32 folder and I
can't open the file with any application.

I searched through Device Manager and all driver details
the file doesn't seem to be used by any driver listed on
Device Manager.

I have done a search on the net and came up with nothing.
Please help someone.

See Jim Eshelman's article at
http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php#0xbe
--
Cari
www.coribright.com
"Moody" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have recieved a "Blue Screen of Death".
>
> Here is what it said:
>
> The problem seems to be caused by the following file:
>
> iesprt.sys
>
> Technical information:
>

> STOP: 0x000000BE (0x80502648, 0x0052121, 0xee268BA4,
> 0x0000000B)
>
> iesprt.sys - Adress FA344443 base at FA344000 DATESTAMP
> 408eb71a
>

> Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
>
> How do I find out what program this file belongs to?
>
> The file is located in my Windows\system32 folder and I
> can't open the file with any application.
>
> I searched through Device Manager and all driver details
> the file doesn't seem to be used by any driver listed on
> Device Manager.
>
> I have done a search on the net and came up with nothing.
> Please help someone.

I had the same problem. It was due to a Trojan virus. To fix it i
renamed the iesprt.sys to iesprtol.sys and restarted the computer and
it worked. I suggest that you try a virus checker to remove the trojan
--
harrygr