using third party software instead of using xp's for cd bu..

I am going to add nero to my system for burning cd's and dvd's ,when I do this is there anything I have to do to not use the xp software? (like disable something or other?)Will the xp software interfere with the third party software.If I should do something what is it and how do i do it .thanks for all your help you people out there are great!
2 answers Last reply
More about using party software

    You select the CD-RW drive in My Computer and right click to
    select properties. Disable CD-R so the XP Roxio based
    byrning won't conflict with NERO.

    "don-a" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    | I am going to add nero to my system for burning cd's and
    dvd's ,when I do this is there anything I have to do to not
    use the xp software? (like disable something or other?)Will
    the xp software interfere with the third party software.If I
    should do something what is it and how do i do it .thanks
    for all your help you people out there are great!

    You do not "really" have to do anything!!! Just select the burning software
    you want to use (I can select Xp, Roxio or Nero, without problems!)

    > You select the CD-RW drive in My Computer and right click to
    > select properties. Disable CD-R so the XP Roxio based
    > byrning won't conflict with NERO.

    > "don-a" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > message
    > | I am going to add nero to my system for burning cd's and
    > dvd's ,when I do this is there anything I have to do to not
    > use the xp software? (like disable something or other?)Will
    > the xp software interfere with the third party software.If I
    > should do something what is it and how do i do it .thanks
    > for all your help you people out there are great!

Software CD-Rom Windows XP