I'm facing a lots of issues with my win7 OS.
AMD PhenomII 940 x4 3.0 Ghz
integrated ATI HD3200 graphics (no discreet card)
Kingston 2gb x4 DDR2 800 RAM
Seagate 500GB SATA2 32mb
cooler master 600W SMPS
1. Acer H233H 23.5" full HD
2. Samsung 15" CRT
I have win7 ultimate x64 fully updated with all latest drivers. It's been quite a while I'm using this operating system. Win7 supports hiberanation and that's the ONLY reason I shifted to win7 from XP x64. Prior to retail version, I tested beta as well as I worked many months on RC version. I was pretty impressed by RC. I didn't face any problem with that. RC was any day more stable than this retail version.
I'm listing some issues/problems. All these bugs are consistant and predictable.
1. System simply can't hibernet multiple times. Same with sleep(hybrid sleep).
2. Takes more than 5 minutes to get to the desktop if resumed after sleep(hybrid sleep).
3. after waking I can't connect to broadband connection because connection freezes to dialog box saying "Registering your computer on the network etc,.".
4. once problem 3 occurs the system can't shutdown properly. It freezes at the last screen which reads Shutting Down. So manual resettin is requered.
5. Sometimes if any problem from 1 - 4 occurs all icons and gadgets get scrambled on desktop.
6. DVD writing is very slow. Regardless any writing speed and software it takes approx 21 minutes to write a full DVD.
7. I have connected my PC to another PC using LAN and this connection is public by default and can't be changed to home or work.
8. Always throws BSOD whenever I close AMD Overdrive (I think it's related to overdrive itself).
help me guys. I reinstalled win7 many times but these problems persist. I have started to dislike win7. I mean in win7 you need to do more clicks to do the same job as in winXP. Also I feel more constrained in win7. Ol' WinXP was easily customizable.
You certainly have something unusual going on there. My experience is certainly different from yours.
1. I probably go 2 weeks between restarts and use Hybrid Sleep up to 3 or 4 times a day without problems over that period.
2. Resume from Sleep takes about 30 seconds.
3. By the time I'm moving my mouse the DSL connection is up and ready to go.
4-8 N/A for me.
I still have WinXP on my system in a multi-boot configuration (Win7/Vista/WinXP/Linux). I can't say I agree it takes more clicks to get work done in Win7. Same with customization, I don't feel limited at all vs WinXP.
If you were able to use the RC for months without a problem, then the retail version should work even better.
There is something else going on here, you either have a hardware or driver issue or the OS is not kosher.
I've been using it from the beta, RC to final release without any major problems even in the beta version.
you do realise that when you resume from hibernate it has to read a file that was saved to the hdd to resume and this is a multi gigabyte file so of course it is going to be slow
are you using an ide or sata hardrive
remember that burning a dvd is not a quick process and 21mins isnt that bad to burn one
remember its your dvd drive that deturmins the speed as well as hdd speed
for example i know mine can read and write and 80MB/s becasue i have cloned it a few times from ram drive
Guys I'm using retail version.!!
I even checked my setup against checksum obtained from msdn.
About dvd writing speed : at 16x speed the dvd should be written in 4 mins similarly at 8x it shouldn't take more than 9 mins.
my hdd speed is approx 110 mb/s read & ~100 mb/s write, checked using Everest software.
I understand that resuming takes time as it needs some time to restore ram from hdd but in my case after 'restoring windows' screen it shows blank screen for 5 mins. even after that the system responds very coldly.