Both CD rom and RW drive vanished and will not recognized.

MY two CD ROM and RW drive were gone right after I use
liveupdate for my Norton Antivirus. After it did
liveupdate routin and installed, the PC rebooted itself
and indicated critical errors.

I can not get it back after 2 days of trying, (by using
device manager and add new hardware in XP operating
system). My pc is HP pavilion 7759.

Is they anyway that I can have my pc to re-recognized my
plug and play DVD/CD-ROM and HP's CDRW drive ?

Thank you.
2 answers Last reply
More about both drive vanished recognized

    Peter, take a look here
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;;Q314060
    "Peter W" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > MY two CD ROM and RW drive were gone right after I use
    > liveupdate for my Norton Antivirus. After it did
    > liveupdate routin and installed, the PC rebooted itself
    > and indicated critical errors.
    >
    > I can not get it back after 2 days of trying, (by using
    > device manager and add new hardware in XP operating
    > system). My pc is HP pavilion 7759.
    >
    > Is they anyway that I can have my pc to re-recognized my
    > plug and play DVD/CD-ROM and HP's CDRW drive ?
    >
    > Thank you.

    I had tried that and delete highvalue and lowvalue of
    that key. But it's not successful! Thank you.

    Peter w

Hardware CD-Rom Windows XP