Both CD rom and RW drive vanished and will not recognized.

May 7, 2004 5:34:17 PM

MY two CD ROM and RW drive were gone right after I use
liveupdate for my Norton Antivirus. After it did
liveupdate routin and installed, the PC rebooted itself
and indicated critical errors.

I can not get it back after 2 days of trying, (by using
device manager and add new hardware in XP operating
system). My pc is HP pavilion 7759.

Is they anyway that I can have my pc to re-recognized my
plug and play DVD/CD-ROM and HP's CDRW drive ?

Thank you.

More about : rom drive vanished recognized

Anonymous
May 9, 2004 1:01:54 AM

Peter, take a look here
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;;Q314060
"Peter W" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> MY two CD ROM and RW drive were gone right after I use
> liveupdate for my Norton Antivirus. After it did
> liveupdate routin and installed, the PC rebooted itself
> and indicated critical errors.
>
> I can not get it back after 2 days of trying, (by using
> device manager and add new hardware in XP operating
> system). My pc is HP pavilion 7759.
>
> Is they anyway that I can have my pc to re-recognized my
> plug and play DVD/CD-ROM and HP's CDRW drive ?
>
> Thank you.

Anonymous
May 10, 2004 2:14:03 PM

I had tried that and delete highvalue and lowvalue of
that key. But it's not successful! Thank you.

Peter w

!