USB Unknown Device

Hello,

Is there a solution for an Unknown Device error on A7V333 USB 2.0 Ports. I
have also installed a PCI card with the same VIA chip with the same result.
Uninstalling other peripherals (eg sound card) didn't help. I also
uninstalled the USB drivers in Safe Mode and again no luck. I have XP Pro
SP1 installed.

Any information would be appreciated.

Steven
1 answer Last reply
More about unknown device

    I have the same problem on my P4R800-VM running Windows 98 SE. Can't find
    the correct USB driver.

    I finally got my soundmax sound working. Found a compatible driver at
    http://driverguide.com

    I also see nvidia has new software out for nforce sound mixer. I prefer
    version 2.41 it's a whole lot better with more options and better sound
    effects. This software is used on my A7N266-VM (2.0GHz with 384K cache). I
    may buy another board like this since it's alot more compatible and even
    seems faster than the P4R800 (2.8MHz with 1MB cache).

    Hey, also if anyone is out there that can tell me of a good and easy
    installation of a P4 ASUS motherboard with an 800mhz FSB, I would much
    appreciate it. Please reply to this message via this newsgroup. I won't get
    any email if you reply that way. I learned this lesson long ago, spam ya
    know.

    --
    TIA,
    Jeff

    "Steven Nassibian" <snassibian@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > Is there a solution for an Unknown Device error on A7V333 USB 2.0 Ports.
    > have also installed a PCI card with the same VIA chip with the same
    result.
    > Uninstalling other peripherals (eg sound card) didn't help. I also
    > uninstalled the USB drivers in Safe Mode and again no luck. I have XP Pro
    > SP1 installed.
    >
    > Any information would be appreciated.
    >
    > Steven

Asus USB Devices Motherboards