Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

HELP PLEASE: Can't Create Server in OFFLINE mode....

Tags:
  • Connection
  • Servers
  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
February 10, 2005 4:05:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

I can get to offline mode successfully in CS:S.
But when I create server to play with bots, CS:S still tried to connect
to this server 207.173.177.11 and then CS:S crashed because it can not
connect to that particular master server.
I do not understand why CS:S (or STEAM) has to connect to a master
server when all it should do is create a local server ( I only want ot
play with bots).
It should only connect to 127.0.0.1:27015.
All my gcf files have been validated countless times and all reach %100
and offline ready.
I have had this problem since win98SE and even after upgrade to XP (just
to fix it), CS:S still crashed when I created server offline.
Create server when I am online is succesful though, but I do not want to
connect to the net every time I only want to play with bots.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and Regards,
Daniel.

More about : create server offline mode

Anonymous
February 10, 2005 4:05:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

Daniel wrote:
> I can get to offline mode successfully in CS:S.
> But when I create server to play with bots, CS:S still tried to connect
> to this server 207.173.177.11 and then CS:S crashed because it can not
> connect to that particular master server.
> I do not understand why CS:S (or STEAM) has to connect to a master
> server when all it should do is create a local server ( I only want ot
> play with bots).
> It should only connect to 127.0.0.1:27015.
> All my gcf files have been validated countless times and all reach %100
> and offline ready.
> I have had this problem since win98SE and even after upgrade to XP (just
> to fix it), CS:S still crashed when I created server offline.
> Create server when I am online is succesful though, but I do not want to
> connect to the net every time I only want to play with bots.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks and Regards,
> Daniel.
>
>
Did you even BOTHER to read my reply to your question, before posting
the exact same thing again? I'm trying to help you, and you don't even
bother.
February 11, 2005 4:02:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

Oh, I'm sorry...for some reason I did not see my post appear when I checked
back to the newsgroup few hours after I posted. I assumed my news server have
lost it...Therefore, I posted it again (my bad for double post).
I'm sorry for that.
Yes, I did read your reply just now and thanks for your help.
Deleting the .cfg file does not solve the problem. I don't know what gives?
Once again my apologies and thanks,
Regards,
Daniel....

GFree wrote:

> Daniel wrote:
> > I can get to offline mode successfully in CS:S.
> > But when I create server to play with bots, CS:S still tried to connect
> > to this server 207.173.177.11 and then CS:S crashed because it can not
> > connect to that particular master server.
> > I do not understand why CS:S (or STEAM) has to connect to a master
> > server when all it should do is create a local server ( I only want ot
> > play with bots).
> > It should only connect to 127.0.0.1:27015.
> > All my gcf files have been validated countless times and all reach %100
> > and offline ready.
> > I have had this problem since win98SE and even after upgrade to XP (just
> > to fix it), CS:S still crashed when I created server offline.
> > Create server when I am online is succesful though, but I do not want to
> > connect to the net every time I only want to play with bots.
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> > Thanks and Regards,
> > Daniel.
> >
> >
> Did you even BOTHER to read my reply to your question, before posting
> the exact same thing again? I'm trying to help you, and you don't even
> bother.
Related resources
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 4:02:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

Daniel wrote:
> Oh, I'm sorry...for some reason I did not see my post appear when I checked
> back to the newsgroup few hours after I posted. I assumed my news server have
> lost it...Therefore, I posted it again (my bad for double post).
> I'm sorry for that.
> Yes, I did read your reply just now and thanks for your help.
> Deleting the .cfg file does not solve the problem. I don't know what gives?
> Once again my apologies and thanks,
> Regards,
> Daniel....
>

Fine, fine. Apology accepted. :) 

Hmm. Well, perhaps something is stuffed with your Steam config. The next
solution I would try is to do the following:

Make sure that Steam is completely closed down. Delete the
"ClientRegistry.bob" file in your main Steam folder. Restart Steam.
You'll see a progress bar appear and begin doing what it looked like
when you first installed Steam. By deleting this file you force Steam to
reconfigure itself and hopefully this will eliminate your problem.

Once it's finished updating itself, run CS:S ONCE online (but don't
connect to any servers) to basically make sure Steam will allow the game
to run offline. Then quit CS:S, and quit steam. Disconnect from the net,
run Steam again, let it fallback into offline mode. Run CS:S and try to
run you bot-filled server again. Hopefully it will work this time.
February 11, 2005 8:16:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

GFree, Thank you.
I will follow your advice and let you know about the result.
Thanks for your great help.
Regards,
Daniel

GFree wrote:

> Daniel wrote:
> > Oh, I'm sorry...for some reason I did not see my post appear when I checked
> > back to the newsgroup few hours after I posted. I assumed my news server have
> > lost it...Therefore, I posted it again (my bad for double post).
> > I'm sorry for that.
> > Yes, I did read your reply just now and thanks for your help.
> > Deleting the .cfg file does not solve the problem. I don't know what gives?
> > Once again my apologies and thanks,
> > Regards,
> > Daniel....
> >
>
> Fine, fine. Apology accepted. :) 
>
> Hmm. Well, perhaps something is stuffed with your Steam config. The next
> solution I would try is to do the following:
>
> Make sure that Steam is completely closed down. Delete the
> "ClientRegistry.bob" file in your main Steam folder. Restart Steam.
> You'll see a progress bar appear and begin doing what it looked like
> when you first installed Steam. By deleting this file you force Steam to
> reconfigure itself and hopefully this will eliminate your problem.
>
> Once it's finished updating itself, run CS:S ONCE online (but don't
> connect to any servers) to basically make sure Steam will allow the game
> to run offline. Then quit CS:S, and quit steam. Disconnect from the net,
> run Steam again, let it fallback into offline mode. Run CS:S and try to
> run you bot-filled server again. Hopefully it will work this time.