spoolsv.exe error when trying to print -- please help!!!

Greetings,
I'm having problems printing to a printer that's connected to my home
network. I have everything set up in a "WORKGROUP." All the drivers for
the printer in question are installed on each client in the workgroup. I
can print a test page from a client machine in the workgroup, but then I get
the following error box message on the client that the printer is directly
connected: "Spoolsv.exe - Application Error" it goes on to read as follows:
"The instruction at '0x77f572bd' memory referenced at '0x015f3405'. The
memory could not be read." After that, the printer can no longer be
accessed by any of the clients in the workgroup.

The test page never prints until I reboot the client machine the printer
is connected. I've tried all 4 of the clients on the workgroup and it
happens on each one. I had this working correctly in the past, but then I
reinstalled Windows XP on the client machine the printer is connected to and
haven't been able to print a document from it since. I've added the printer
correctly on each client machine and it shows up as a Shared Resource on
each, but still I can't print. Please provide any suggestions on what I can
do to remedy this situation.

Thanks,
J. R.

J.C.,

After spending all day with this problem with a newly installed HP
OfficeJet 6110 (USB), I think I finally have it. I have a peer
network (all XP HOME, all wireless). I have the office jet hooked up
to a desktop machine, and 2 laptops that will be using the shared
printer. Share your printer like you normally would and then the
funky part :

The problem appears to be that you must physically connect (or least
create a "local" printer) the printer to the client , create a network
printer against the share, and then change the ports of the local
printer to use the share name. Set the "local" printer to be the
default printer after you have changed the port. You'll then notice
when you print to it - the queue for the "network" printer actually
shows your print job. If you try to print to the "network" printer as
your default, you'll get the memory error every time, but printing to
the "local printer" - works like a champ :)

I can't believe you have to do this, but it actually works. I don't
know if it's XP home, officejet driver, or a combo of both, but what a
MESS ! My guess is probably both :)

hopefully this will help you save some of the hours we've probably
both wasted trying to figure out something that should take 3 minutes
to set up !

I can almost understand cross-OS problems, but all 3 of my machines
are XP Home, SP1 - come on M$ !!

Bob