replaced HD & lost license

DJ

I copied over the image of an exisiting Windows XP pro HD
that was failing to a new SATA drive using MaxBLAST3 by
Maxtor. After disconnecting the failing HD I rebooted the
PC. It would boot up perfectly but when I tried to login I
would get the following error:

"A problem is preventing Windows from accurately checking
the license for this computer. Error code 0x80090006"

I have not been able to find anything addressing this
issue or referencing this error code.

Any thoughts? I really do not want to reinstall and setup
this PC from scratch.

Thanks,

bar

Did you use the full MAXBLAST utility set.
1. FDISK
2. FORMAT
3. CLONE C-Drive
4. Power down the PC
5. Disconnect old C-Drive
6. Install New disk as C Drive
7. Reboot PC

If you followed the steps above exactly it should have worked fine.

If not, you will now need to boot up from Xp CD and do a 'Repair' installation.

Once finished, if you have Office Xp: it may require reactivation also.

"DJ" <des-jardins@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I copied over the image of an exisiting Windows XP pro HD
> that was failing to a new SATA drive using MaxBLAST3 by
> Maxtor. After disconnecting the failing HD I rebooted the
> PC. It would boot up perfectly but when I tried to login I
> would get the following error:
>
> "A problem is preventing Windows from accurately checking
> the license for this computer. Error code 0x80090006"
>
> I have not been able to find anything addressing this
> issue or referencing this error code.
>
> Any thoughts? I really do not want to reinstall and setup
> this PC from scratch.
>
> Thanks,

How exactly did you perform the copy operation?