XP Home Edition not recognizing USB Ports

Does anyone know how I can fix this? I just loaded Win XP
Home Edition and my USB ports are not recognized at all.
Is there a SP that will remedy this so I can use my CD
burner again?

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Rich Wirick" <rwirick@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how I can fix this? I just loaded Win XP
> Home Edition and my USB ports are not recognized at all.
> Is there a SP that will remedy this so I can use my CD
> burner again?

XP Service Pack 1 will remedy that. You can tell if you have that by typing
(no quotes) "winver" in start/run, then click ok. it should say "Windows XP
[Pro or Home] version 2002 Service Pack 1". If it doesn't go here and
download. The network downloaad may be best.

http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/pro/downloads/servicepacks/sp1/default.asp