A7V-333 max hard drive

I'm using BIOS 1016 and want to know if a 160GB drive will be
recognized. If not, will a BIOS upgrade work or should I buy a
controller card?
2 answers Last reply
More about hard drive

    DG wrote:
    > I'm using BIOS 1016 and want to know if a 160GB drive will be
    > recognized. If not, will a BIOS upgrade work or should I buy a
    > controller card?

    That bios rev will allow a 160GB drive to be recognized provided you
    meet other requirements such as Operating system, update level, and
    registry setting. I currently running a 160GB Maxtor on a A7V333 with
    bios 1008.

    tomcas wrote:

    >DG wrote:
    >> I'm using BIOS 1016 and want to know if a 160GB drive will be
    >> recognized. If not, will a BIOS upgrade work or should I buy a
    >> controller card?
    >>

    >That bios rev will allow a 160GB drive to be recognized provided you
    >meet other requirements such as Operating system, update level, and
    >registry setting. I currently running a 160GB Maxtor on a A7V333 with
    >bios 1008.

    Great. Thanks for the information.

Asus BIOS Hard Drives Motherboards