scanner and windows xp compatiability

I installed windows XP and now I cannot get my scanner to work, it does not recognize it. Reinstalling it etc.
1 answer Last reply
More about scanner windows compatiability

    Beverly said in news:DC981601-9F67-4181-A136-B4265DD72376@microsoft.com:
    > I installed windows XP and now I cannot get my scanner to work, it
    > does not recognize it. Reinstalling it etc.

    Is the scanner connected? How? SCSI, USB, firewire, what? If SCSI, is the
    SCSI host adapter listed in Device Manger? If not, you'll have to install
    the drivers for it. If USB connected, do other USB devices work on the same
    USB port to which the scanner is connected? Same test for firewire. Is the
    scanner powered on?

    Some scanners aren't supported under Windows XP (because the scanner maker
    won't provide a driver). My aunt has a scanner she can't use under Windows
    XP. She had to move it to her basement computer which is still running
    Windows 98.

    You provide absolutely no identification of your particular scanner as
    though all scanners are exactly the same. Wrong. Have you checked on the
    manufacturer's web site regarding compatibility with Windows XP? Do they
    have a Windows XP compatible driver on their web site? Since only you know
    what brand and model of scanner you have, you'll have to find the maker's
    web site.

    *** Email: domain = ".com" and append "=NEWS=" to Subject.

Windows XP Microsoft Scanners