graphics card driver problem

May 8, 2004 12:14:07 PM

When using games my computer crashes and restarts. When my
computer boots up again I send an error report and I get
informed that my graphics card driver is unstable, I use an
'inno3d tornado GeForce 4 MX 440 128MB', the drivers are
the latest signed drivers. I have no viruses. Sometimes
when the computer crashes it comes up with a blue screen
stating something about disabling BIOS memory, caching and
shadowing. It also said something about the file:
nv4_4mini.sys.
Any help on overcoming this problem would be greatly
appreciated, thanks very much.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 8, 2004 3:58:18 PM

Download and install latest drivers from www.nvidia.com

--
Cari
www.coribright.com
"Robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When using games my computer crashes and restarts. When my
> computer boots up again I send an error report and I get
> informed that my graphics card driver is unstable, I use an
> 'inno3d tornado GeForce 4 MX 440 128MB', the drivers are
> the latest signed drivers. I have no viruses. Sometimes
> when the computer crashes it comes up with a blue screen
> stating something about disabling BIOS memory, caching and
> shadowing. It also said something about the file:
> nv4_4mini.sys.
> Any help on overcoming this problem would be greatly
> appreciated, thanks very much.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 9, 2004 2:03:06 PM

i have already done that.

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 9, 2004 8:27:55 PM

Robert wrote:
> i have already done that.

Okay - then go to NVIDIA and download the older drivers.. in the 40's
instead of 50's.
Don't use Microsoft's Windows Update suggested Nvidia drivers - go straight
to the source.

I think the reason Cari asked you to go to NVidia in the first place was
that you stated "the drivers are the latest signed drivers" which would
imply those from the Windows Update site and not from NVidia. =)

--
<- Shenan ->