Bots

I played a server that had bots set up in a different scenario. It was 20
bots vs 3-5 humans. Guns were limited to shotguns and smg's and the bots
were designated as "zombies"... a bit slower, used only knifes and were 2-3
times more hp's ( so they took a good beating.) and they would lie in wait
in areas against walls.

I'd like to run my own server like this but i havent a clue how to set it
up. Ive run the basic map with even amounts of bots per team( not 20 bots
vs humans) on the difficulty level of my choice. I dont know how to set
them with the variables of more HP and limit their weapons.

Can anybody give me some ideas on how to set this up ?
4 answers Last reply
More about bots

    For Counter-strike: Source ( not 1.6) :-/

    Brad wrote:
    > I played a server that had bots set up in a different scenario. It was 20
    > bots vs 3-5 humans. Guns were limited to shotguns and smg's and the bots
    > were designated as "zombies"... a bit slower, used only knifes and were 2-3
    > times more hp's ( so they took a good beating.) and they would lie in wait
    > in areas against walls.
    >
    > I'd like to run my own server like this but i havent a clue how to set it
    > up. Ive run the basic map with even amounts of bots per team( not 20 bots
    > vs humans) on the difficulty level of my choice. I dont know how to set
    > them with the variables of more HP and limit their weapons.
    >
    > Can anybody give me some ideas on how to set this up ?

    I didn't know you can change their HP. Cool.

    Two recommendations:

    (1) Google for bot commands for CS:S. A simple way to view all the bot
    commands would be to run CS:S, run a server, open the console, type the
    word bot (but don't hit enter), then press tab to view all the bot commands.

    (2) The easiest way to limit the bot weapons selection is to select
    Create Server as normal, click the third tab (probably labelled Advanced
    or something), and somewhere in the list there should be a whole lot of
    checkboxes that you can select what weapons the bots can use.

    * GFree wrote:
    > I didn't know you can change their HP. Cool.

    Hmm, me neither - wonder where it is you can do that ...

    > Two recommendations:
    >
    > (1) Google for bot commands for CS:S. A simple way to view all the bot
    > commands would be to run CS:S, run a server, open the console, type the
    > word bot (but don't hit enter), then press tab to view all the bot commands.

    All the bot commands, including weapon restriction commands:

    http://www.turtlerockstudios.com/forums/csbot/viewtopic.php?t=610

    > (2) The easiest way to limit the bot weapons selection is to select
    > Create Server as normal, click the third tab (probably labelled Advanced
    > or something), and somewhere in the list there should be a whole lot of
    > checkboxes that you can select what weapons the bots can use.

    See above.

    You also need to set variables so that teams can be lop-sided, disable
    auto-team-balance etc.

    --
    T R O Y P I G G I N S
    e : usenet@piggo.com

    >* GFree wrote:
    >> I didn't know you can change their HP. Cool.
    >
    > Hmm, me neither - wonder where it is you can do that ...

    The other variable I forgot to mention that caught my attention was ammo
    maximum.

    Seeing that the particular server only allowed pistols, shotguns and smg's,
    it gave back an advantage of having much more ammo. I chose the auto-shotgun
    and instead of 32 shells( +/- )max.... it was 272.

Hewlett Packard Servers Video Games