ASUS Tech Support Question

From ASUS Web Site:

>Technical Support
>Motherboard and General Product Support:

>For ( USA and CANADA Customer only)
>please visit our website at
>http://helpdesk.asus.com to obtain a
>technical support case number before
> talking to our technical support agents.

What is doesnt say is whether there's a charge for those phone calls.
Are they pay per incident, or free for a certain amount of time. If
they are free, how long are they free for (1 year, 3 years, etc...;)

Also, what kind of response times are there for email support ?

Thanks
6 answers Last reply
More about asus tech support question

    In article <frkja0taq9vhva0n6shlkojhr4f56ssd27@4ax.com>,
    tony010409020622@spamthis@hotmail.com wrote:

    > From ASUS Web Site:
    >
    > >Technical Support
    > >Motherboard and General Product Support:
    >
    > >For ( USA and CANADA Customer only)
    > >please visit our website at
    > >http://helpdesk.asus.com to obtain a
    > >technical support case number before
    > > talking to our technical support agents.
    >
    > What is doesnt say is whether there's a charge for those phone calls.
    > Are they pay per incident, or free for a certain amount of time. If
    > they are free, how long are they free for (1 year, 3 years, etc...;)
    >
    > Also, what kind of response times are there for email support ?
    >
    > Thanks

    I think the trick is, it is a toll call and not toll free.
    No 1-800 number that I have seen.

    Response is spotty. Some people phone, have their details taken,
    and are then told to expect a call back. Some people get tech
    time, and some don't. And forget using email - the exchange
    will be memorable and useless, if the email gets through.
    The phone is the way to go, or just ask us :-)
    It helps to fill out the details of your problem on
    the web site, before calling. That will save talk time.

    In theory, your retailer is supposed to support you. I cannot
    imagine the retailers I've dealt with, doing anything more than
    take my money. The support provided by Asus staff is sort of a
    "best effort" thing, rather than there being some kind of
    guarantee of hand-holding while you build your system. Some of
    the Asus tech support people are helpful, but they are
    swamped. Some people in this group have gotten more than one
    hour of time on the phone with a tech.

    Part of the purpose of the tech support, is intelligence
    gathering for Asus. For deciding what to fix in the BIOS :-)

    Paul

    tony010409020622@spamthis@hotmail.com wrote in message news:<frkja0taq9vhva0n6shlkojhr4f56ssd27@4ax.com>...
    > From ASUS Web Site:
    >
    > >Technical Support
    > >Motherboard and General Product Support:
    >
    > >For ( USA and CANADA Customer only)
    > >please visit our website at
    > >http://helpdesk.asus.com to obtain a
    > >technical support case number before
    > > talking to our technical support agents.
    >
    > What is doesnt say is whether there's a charge for those phone calls.
    > Are they pay per incident, or free for a certain amount of time. If
    > they are free, how long are they free for (1 year, 3 years, etc...;)
    >
    > Also, what kind of response times are there for email support ?
    >
    > Thanks

    The best tech support that I've found for these boards is this
    newsgroup. You are taking advantage of the collective wisdom of a lot
    of people who have been through it before, and are a lot more astute
    about the technology then the ASUS techs. That said, there is a caveat
    here. You aren't getting filtered advice. There are lots of wrong
    advice given here as well. For example, my reply. :-)

    Arnie

    On Tue, 18 May 2004 04:45:43 -0500, nospam@needed.com (Paul) wrote:

    > And forget using email - the exchange
    >will be memorable and useless, if the email gets through.

    Personally, I have always found Asus' e-mail tech support to be fast
    and accurate.

    Cheers,

    Guy

    ** I may not be perfect, but I'm
    ** English, and that's the next best thing!

    They often do NOT reply at all.

    --
    DaveW

    <tony010409020622@spamthis@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > From ASUS Web Site:
    >
    > >Technical Support
    > >Motherboard and General Product Support:
    >
    > >For ( USA and CANADA Customer only)
    > >please visit our website at
    > >http://helpdesk.asus.com to obtain a
    > >technical support case number before
    > > talking to our technical support agents.
    >
    > What is doesnt say is whether there's a charge for those phone calls.
    > Are they pay per incident, or free for a certain amount of time. If
    > they are free, how long are they free for (1 year, 3 years, etc...;)
    >
    > Also, what kind of response times are there for email support ?
    >
    > Thanks

    On Tue, 18 May 2004 09:12:34 GMT,
    tony010409020622@spamthis@hotmail.com wrote:

    >From ASUS Web Site:
    >
    >>Technical Support
    >>Motherboard and General Product Support:
    >
    >>For ( USA and CANADA Customer only)
    >>please visit our website at
    >>http://helpdesk.asus.com to obtain a
    >>technical support case number before
    >> talking to our technical support agents.
    >
    >What is doesnt say is whether there's a charge for those phone calls.
    >Are they pay per incident, or free for a certain amount of time. If
    >they are free, how long are they free for (1 year, 3 years, etc...;)
    >
    >Also, what kind of response times are there for email support ?
    >
    >Thanks

    Early this year, I had a problem when I assembled my PC with the ASUS
    motherboard. I called tech support and after a minute or two on hold,
    I got a person that took my phone number and said they would call me
    back.

    I waited 24 hrs and then I called again, with the same results. This
    time I told them I had waited a day, they apologized and put me thru
    to the next available tech. I called at peak times.

    Not as good as some, but barely acceptable for today's market. I got
    my answer and the tech was competent. NO CHARGE.

    The tech support center was in Louisville, KY, a local call for me.
    It could be in India or Pakistan by now.

    Quickest reply is to post on this board. Don't jump at the first
    reply, wait for a few responses and go with the consensus.

    ===My Experience====

    I bought a P4PE MB, after some months (little hours, it did not boot
    when cold...nothing, no post/no video no beeps. Anyway, I checked on
    line and found a few people had the same....Asus gives 3 yeras
    warranty. So, I requested a RMA number, but after 2 days didn't get
    an answerr, so UIi phoned them in CAif.

    The lady was nice, apoligized and gave the RMA # on the phone. Yes, I
    did try tech, and the phones were "busy"...but,, I di my work firts so
    I knew it was a not to be solved on the phone.

    The board swap (I'm in NY) tool about 10 days total...and I've had no
    trouble.

    I'd only say, be clever when you call for tech...first are you
    expereinced and have you done some web-research? OK, you shouldn;t
    have to...but it's in your benefit.

    Secondly, I found that even calling cuistyomer service...who did
    answerr the phone, allowed me to transfer to Tech...just tell them
    that you firts did all the things, send email or whatever and didn't
    get help.

    Today, (to bad) every company isn't as good as before....but ASUS
    still is pretty good. Also, I've been very happy with Intel's support
    of CPU's and MBs....ok...in most casess this means a swap...rather
    than detailed tech. But, I think, if you have a newbie question, or
    strange question, you have a good chance to get a few good replies on
    rhis newsgroup.....

    The world has changd...not always for the better! I still think Asus
    is pretty good.....I can say that the amount of bad/failed Abit boards
    I've seen are MUCH worse.

    Anyway, that's my opinion.....

    On Thu, 20 May 2004 20:48:51 GMT, Bucky <buck@insightbb.com> wrote:

    >On Tue, 18 May 2004 09:12:34 GMT,
    >tony010409020622@spamthis@hotmail.com wrote:
    >

    >>From ASUS Web Site:
    >>
    >>>Technical Support
    >>>Motherboard and General Product Support:
    >>
    >>>For ( USA and CANADA Customer only)
    >>>please visit our website at
    >>>http://helpdesk.asus.com to obtain a
    >>>technical support case number before
    >>> talking to our technical support agents.
    >>
    >>What is doesnt say is whether there's a charge for those phone calls.
    >>Are they pay per incident, or free for a certain amount of time. If
    >>they are free, how long are they free for (1 year, 3 years, etc...;)
    >>
    >>Also, what kind of response times are there for email support ?
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>

    >Early this year, I had a problem when I assembled my PC with the ASUS
    >motherboard. I called tech support and after a minute or two on hold,
    >I got a person that took my phone number and said they would call me
    >back.
    >
    >I waited 24 hrs and then I called again, with the same results. This
    >time I told them I had waited a day, they apologized and put me thru
    >to the next available tech. I called at peak times.
    >
    >Not as good as some, but barely acceptable for today's market. I got
    >my answer and the tech was competent. NO CHARGE.
    >
    >The tech support center was in Louisville, KY, a local call for me.
    >It could be in India or Pakistan by now.
    >
    >Quickest reply is to post on this board. Don't jump at the first
    >reply, wait for a few responses and go with the consensus.

Asus Support Motherboards