P4C800-E Deluxe, SoundMax and CD volume

Tim

Hi,

I've just installed this MB and done a clean install of XP Pro so far just
one issue when I go into SoundMax to alter the CD volume nothing happens yet
if I alter the WAV volume then the volume increases or decreases as does
moving the main volume controller.

Plextor Premium on IDE 1 as Master no Slave Audio cable connected from
Plextor to CD input on motherboard.

Any ideas as to what I have done wrong.

Many thanks, Tim.

Tim wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just installed this MB and done a clean install of XP Pro so far just
> one issue when I go into SoundMax to alter the CD volume nothing happens yet
> if I alter the WAV volume then the volume increases or decreases as does
> moving the main volume controller.
>
> Plextor Premium on IDE 1 as Master no Slave Audio cable connected from
> Plextor to CD input on motherboard.
>
> Any ideas as to what I have done wrong.

this is normal because by default xp uses digital output for cd audio.
audio cable is useless until you want for some reason to use analog output.

Tim

Hi there,

Many thanks I thought it was something like that but couldn't for the life
of me remember.

Again many thanks, Tim.

"Hulttio" <hulttioj@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Tim wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just installed this MB and done a clean install of XP Pro so far
just
> > one issue when I go into SoundMax to alter the CD volume nothing happens
yet
> > if I alter the WAV volume then the volume increases or decreases as does
> > moving the main volume controller.
> >
> > Plextor Premium on IDE 1 as Master no Slave Audio cable connected from
> > Plextor to CD input on motherboard.
> >
> > Any ideas as to what I have done wrong.
>
> this is normal because by default xp uses digital output for cd audio.
> audio cable is useless until you want for some reason to use analog
output.

TRENDING THREADS