Need Asus SK8N help

jeff

I'm seting up a AMD 64 FX-53 system. I have to keep this short. I
installed every thing power it on and got 1 long peep and 2 short beeps. So
far I've done:

Installed new flashed bios chip.
Tryed 3 video cards. APG and one PCI
Tryed 2 kinds of memorey ECC.

I don't know what the peeps mean. Dose any one have any ideas.

Jeff

Paul

Splendid

In article <10ak41jh9uh8t12@corp.supernews.com>, "Jeff"
<jwright1@nospam.coserv.net> wrote:

> I'm seting up a AMD 64 FX-53 system. I have to keep this short. I
> installed every thing power it on and got 1 long peep and 2 short beeps. So
> far I've done:
>
> Installed new flashed bios chip.
> Tryed 3 video cards. APG and one PCI
> Tryed 2 kinds of memorey ECC.
>
> I don't know what the peeps mean. Dose any one have any ideas.
>
> Jeff

Section 7.2, last page.
ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIOS/POSTCODE_BEEPCODE/ami_code.zip

What is the part number and brand of the memory you are using ?
For a single module, are you trying it in A1 or A2, as
mentioned in the manual ?

Paul

Are you using ECC registered RAM?

Dom

> In article <10ak41jh9uh8t12@corp.supernews.com>, "Jeff"
> <jwright1@nospam.coserv.net> wrote:
>
> > I'm seting up a AMD 64 FX-53 system. I have to keep this short. I
> > installed every thing power it on and got 1 long peep and 2 short beeps.
So
> > far I've done:
> >
> > Installed new flashed bios chip.
> > Tryed 3 video cards. APG and one PCI
> > Tryed 2 kinds of memorey ECC.
> >
> > I don't know what the peeps mean. Dose any one have any ideas.
> >
> > Jeff
>
> Section 7.2, last page.
> ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIOS/POSTCODE_BEEPCODE/ami_code.zip
>
> What is the part number and brand of the memory you are using ?
> For a single module, are you trying it in A1 or A2, as
> mentioned in the manual ?
>
> Paul

Someone else had this problem with the POST beeps, said they reseated
their CPU and the problem disappeared.

boundless idiot Wrote:
> Someone else had this problem with the POST beeps, said they reseated
> their CPU and the problem disappeared.
>
> "Jeff" jwright1@nospam.coserv.net wrote in message
> I'm seting up a AMD 64 FX-53 system. I have to keep this short. I
> installed every thing power it on and got 1 long peep and 2 short
> beeps. So
> far I've done:
>
> Installed new flashed bios chip.
> Tryed 3 video cards. APG and one PCI
> Tryed 2 kinds of memorey ECC.
>
> I don't know what the peeps mean. Dose any one have any ideas.
>
> Jeff-

I had similar problem after I swaped my two KVR333X72RC25/256 to
KVR333X72RC25/1G (frmo 512MB to 2GB). The old memories used to work
fine on dual-channel mode (A1 and A2 slots). The new ones don't work at
all in dual mode.
I managed to use the new ones on A1 and B1 slots in single-channel
mode (but without using the old memory cards at the sametime).
If I revert to the two 256MB cards, they work in dual-channel mode
again.
Does someone know how to fix that? I use a Opteron 140 with 1007 BIOS
(tried 1008 Beta 3 as well, same results).

--
rodmont74