After much investigation

I have discovered that having USB products, like a mouse and webcam, plugged
in while my PC boots, causes my P4P800 Deluxe to beep a few times during
boot up.

Is this normal / ok ?

It beeps once for each USB device plugged in.

Thx

Plebism

Paul

Splendid

In article <cpqqc.5812$Lo2.2235@nurse.blueyonder.net>, "The Plebism"
<theplebismSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:

> After much investigation
>
> I have discovered that having USB products, like a mouse and webcam, plugged
> in while my PC boots, causes my P4P800 Deluxe to beep a few times during
> boot up.
>
> Is this normal / ok ?
>
> It beeps once for each USB device plugged in.
>
> Thx
>
> Plebism

That is normal, and the beeping may disappear, depending on what
version of BIOS you use. I think Asus got tired of answering
that question, and fixed it in the BIOS.

Paul

> In article <cpqqc.5812$Lo2.2235@nurse.blueyonder.net>, "The Plebism"
> <theplebismSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > After much investigation
> >
> > I have discovered that having USB products, like a mouse and webcam,
plugged
> > in while my PC boots, causes my P4P800 Deluxe to beep a few times during
> > boot up.
> >
> > Is this normal / ok ?
> >
> > It beeps once for each USB device plugged in.
> >
> > Thx
> >
> > Plebism
>
> That is normal, and the beeping may disappear, depending on what
> version of BIOS you use. I think Asus got tired of answering
> that question, and fixed it in the BIOS.
>
> Paul

Thanks mate :)

Pleb