Can I get into DOS during boot?

G

Is it possible for me to get into DOS as 2000 is booting? My registry is corrupt, I need to fix it :)

G

Well, for some reason I can't seem to boot from the CD. I've changed the boot order in BIOS and all, but still nothing. Could it be because I'm using a burned copy?

SnowWar

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001
Maybe give MS a call and tell them you using a burned copy and what problem you have :p
Acutually bro I've got a burned backup that works and boots fine. Maybe you should check your boot settings again. When you've booted, you've got 2 options: Let setup try and repair the windows installation or use the recovery console as stated by someone else already.
As we've become used to by now, getting these sorta errors is fatal and you never totally recover from them, so a re-install is 'basicly' always your best option with MS products :p or install Linux :)

G

Alright, thanks.
Heh, I don't know the first thing about Linux:)

G

Burned from the actual CD.
Alright, well, I used some Windows 2000 setup disks and now I'm in the recovery console, except I don't know what to do to fix the registry once I'm there. Can anyone help? Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS