DVD & CD-RW won't read

May 8, 2004 10:34:13 PM

Hi I have a IDE CD-RW and a separate DVD-ROM. 3 days ago
both stopped reading any type of disk inserted into them.
The only things I have done to the PC was update Norton
antivirus and and do general data entry.
I have changed cables, uninstalled both, removed and
replaced, rebooted, looked at autoplay which is not on
but choose option. Cd is Samsung & DVD is Sony. Have been
to their sites for help but No Go. If Ireboot with a disk
insitu they will be recognised but if I want something
different have to reboot again etc...
Management Console Is all started except "could not start
Application Management service or Human Interface Device
Access" both showed error 126...Microsoft Help didn't
seem to have any answers either!
Please does anyone have a suggestion other than
formatting HDD as I only did that 3 weeks ago for a virus
problem.
Burning

More about : dvd read

Anonymous
May 9, 2004 10:45:08 PM

I have the same problem...my CDRW drive works fine, but
my CD/DVDRW drive only reads CDs - no DVDs. I'm
searching the newgroups, but have not yet found a
solution ????
Brian

!