I just installed a new second hdd in my computer. It shows the drive is working properly in the device manager but it does not show a second drive in MY computer. I have them both set as cabel select as instruted. Can you help me so I can use the drive
Thank you
Paul T.

You must use the management console, right click START,
select Manage. Find disk management and then partition and
format the new drive.

"PEI HAB" <paulandnicole@pei.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
| I just installed a new second hdd in my computer. It shows
the drive is working properly in the device manager but it
does not show a second drive in MY computer. I have them
both set as cabel select as instruted. Can you help me so I
can use the drive
| Thank you
| Paul T.

Right click My Computer, select Manage, select Disk Management and you can
setup the drive there,

"PEI HAB" <paulandnicole@pei.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>I just installed a new second hdd in my computer. It shows the drive is
>working properly in the device manager but it does not show a second drive
>in MY computer. I have them both set as cabel select as instruted. Can you
>help me so I can use the drive
> Thank you
> Paul T.

On Sat, 8 May 2004 21:22:54 -0500, "Jim Macklin"
<p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote:

>You must use the management console, right click START,
>select Manage. Find disk management and then partition and
>format the new drive.

I think you mean right click on My Computer.

Manage is not an option on the right click of Start

TRENDING THREADS