New Athlon 64 Processor Driver for WinXP Released

Ed

On Sun, 23 May 2004 02:21:52 +0200, "Sven"
<chanelle4_nospam@hotmail.com> wrote:

>http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_9706,00.html
>>
>> ...and No, I haven't tried it. ;p
>> Ed
>>

>I have. And the result was an unstable PC, that ruined my SystemRestore.
>So back to install from scratch.

Well I don't own any AMD 64's though I have built a few for friends
using the MSI board. One guy told me he updated it through device
manager (Winxp pro). He said before with some apps the CPU would stay at
800Mhz where you really needed more power, from what he told me it
sounds like they fixed that and (so far) has had no problems otherwise
with the new driver.

Cheers,
Ed