Cracked Servers

Last response: in Video Games
February 14, 2005 1:21:21 AM

Anybody have a list of good cracked no steam servers please?

More about : cracked servers

Anonymous
February 14, 2005 1:40:59 AM

O'neill wrote:
> Anybody have a list of good cracked no steam servers please?

No. Buy the game. Then you can use Steam extremely-useful server scanner
to find servers to play.
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 1:41:23 AM

O'neill wrote:
> Anybody have a list of good cracked no steam servers please?

No. Buy the game. Then you can use Steam's extremely-useful server
scanner to find servers to play.
February 15, 2005 4:21:46 AM

"O'neill" <o_neill_m@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Anybody have a list of good cracked no steam servers please?

hrh....bots are fun?
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 9:42:26 PM

"O'neill" <o_neill_m@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Anybody have a list of good cracked no steam servers please?

I'm quite capable of ignoring the idiots who have responded negatively and
there are other places I can get the info I asked for. I will not be buying
it as suggested, I have cracked servers already which are usually full and
just wanted a wider selection so I dont have to wait so much.
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 10:30:21 PM

> I will not be buying it as suggested

Ahhh, reporting thieves gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. If only the police
accepted traceable usenet headers as evidence.

Anonymous
February 16, 2005 12:06:44 AM

> Ahhh, reporting thieves gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. If only the
police
> accepted traceable usenet headers as evidence.

giving notice of intent [whether real or not], on usenet, to commit an
offence of some sort is not a crime in & of itself. neither do i think his
isp would call it an abuse of their terms of service. this falls well within
the bounds of free speech.
i must ask, though - do you report everyone you know who makes a couple of
quid and doesn't report it to the taxman or someone that maybe exaggerated
an insurance claim 'cos everyone does'?
or is it just software pirates that deserve being tattled on?

dr ratt
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 12:31:33 AM

"dr ratt" <spamsum1else@zen.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Ahhh, reporting thieves gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. If only the
> police
>> accepted traceable usenet headers as evidence.

> giving notice of intent [whether real or not], on usenet, to commit an
> offence of some sort is not a crime in & of itself.

Intent, no however he stated clearly that he uses cracked servers and has no
intention of paying for the game, this is an admission of guilt, whether
circumstantial or not.

> neither do i think his
> isp would call it an abuse of their terms of service. this falls well within
> the bounds of free speech.

Actually NTL have clear rules on using their services for illegal actions and
playing on-line games that you do not own is both illegal and using the ISPs
services to do so.

> i must ask, though - do you report everyone you know who makes a couple of
> quid and doesn't report it to the taxman or someone that maybe exaggerated
> an insurance claim 'cos everyone does'?

And that makes it OK? Insurance premiums are ridiculously high because 'everyone
does it'

> or is it just software pirates that deserve being tattled on?

It depends on my own view of justice, I if saw a starving man steal food I would
consider that crime of theft is overshadowed by the basic human right to life.
If on the other hand I came across someone who clearly has enough money for a
computer and an internet connection openly admitting to stealing software then I
would and have done all in my power to ensure they are in some way, punished.

Software piracy is a crime, not for the stupid reasons that the police give like
"it funds organised crime" which may or may not be true but it does take money
from the pockets of the people who have the talent to create wonderful games
like HL and HL2 and jeopardises the creation of more games.

I doubt that based on one complaint, his ISP will take action but if he is
reading this he should be aware, whether or not he cares that there are people
in this world who think he is a thieving little bastard. I personally hope the
increasing amount of police action against piracy in the UK catches him out.
February 16, 2005 11:25:03 PM

I like toys and cake <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> I doubt that based on one complaint, his ISP will take action but if he is
> reading this he should be aware, whether or not he cares that there are
people
> in this world who think he is a thieving little bastard. I personally hope
the
> increasing amount of police action against piracy in the UK catches him
out.

But he may already legitimately own a bunch of Valve games but just want to
play them as cracked/patched/hacked versions just to avoid Steam.
There are patches for No Won CS1.5 etc which technically don't break the
original license agreement under which they were purchased and allow the
games to continue to function online without Steam.
Is that still theft?
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 5:56:59 AM

Uzi wrote:
> I like toys and cake <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>
>>I doubt that based on one complaint, his ISP will take action but if he is
>>reading this he should be aware, whether or not he cares that there are
>
> people
>
>>in this world who think he is a thieving little bastard. I personally hope
>
> the
>
>>increasing amount of police action against piracy in the UK catches him
>
> out.
>

> But he may already legitimately own a bunch of Valve games but just want to
> play them as cracked/patched/hacked versions just to avoid Steam.
> There are patches for No Won CS1.5 etc which technically don't break the
> original license agreement under which they were purchased and allow the
> games to continue to function online without Steam.
> Is that still theft?

Don't know if it's still considered theft, but you'd have to be really
desperate not to use Steam for multiplayer. Besides, there's a lot of
nice, well-run legit servers out there (i.e. run by ISPs) that I'd much
prefer to play on then cracked servers.
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 5:13:56 PM

> Anyone else need a list of steam free servers mail me.

OMGZ ADD ME TO YR LITS SO I CAN HAX AND BE MR EPENIX RAAAAAAWRRRR
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 8:38:36 PM

"Uzi" <rapandrandb@suks.com> wrote in message

> I like toys and cake <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>> I doubt that based on one complaint, his ISP will take action but if he is
>> reading this he should be aware, whether or not he cares that there are
> people
>> in this world who think he is a thieving little bastard. I personally hope
> the
>> increasing amount of police action against piracy in the UK catches him
> out.
>>

> But he may already legitimately own a bunch of Valve games but just want to
> play them as cracked/patched/hacked versions just to avoid Steam.

He did state he had no intention of paying for the game which would indicate he
is a theiving little bastard.

> There are patches for No Won CS1.5 etc which technically don't break the
> original license agreement under which they were purchased and allow the
> games to continue to function online without Steam.
> Is that still theft?

If you bought the game and are not re-selling/distributing copies of it in whole
or part then you can do what you like with it but you have to buy it first.
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 1:46:04 AM

Did you say something?

"Lief" <ask.me.for@it.com> wrote in message

> "O'neill" <o_neill_m@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Anyone else need a list of steam free servers mail me.
>
> OMGZ ADD ME TO YR LITS SO I CAN HAX AND BE MR EPENIX RAAAAAAWRRRR

Anonymous
February 18, 2005 5:17:48 AM

> Did you say something?

ur so cool have my babies??????