Blizzard Cleans House by Letting Go of 600 Employees

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Perhaps some of these 600 will find employment as necromancers or paladins.

isdav59

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
idiots,these people worked hard for there pay,not all are paper pushers,most of them are the quality control monitors,but most of all they are average Americans once again losing there jobs because the greed of corporate companies,how can you be doing so good you decide to screw the workers who helped you get there.you might think its funny now but wait till its your turn....laugh that up

greenspoon

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2007
[citation][nom]isdav59[/nom]idiots,these people worked hard for there pay,not all are paper pushers,most of them are the quality control monitors,but most of all they are average Americans once again losing there jobs because the greed of corporate companies,how can you be doing so good you decide to screw the workers who helped you get there.you might think its funny now but wait till its your turn....laugh that up[/citation]

I love this. The greed of corporate companies! It is a BUSINESS, not a charity. If the employees are not needed they do not need to keep them. Even if the employees are needed they do not have to keep them. It has absolutely nothing to do with greed. I will never understand the mentality of some people. I would hazard to guess you have never ran a company.

isdav59

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
you are absolutely correct in your statement,that is the way employers think,it wasn't always that way.what ever happen to loyalty.you expects it in your employees,in fact demand it..yes business are not a charity.but i cant understand is the mentality of companies who thinks more for less.its never good enough.be thankful for the workers who helped you get to your billion dollar company.oh yeah then toss them away like trash.i wouldn't care to work for you

IQ11110002

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
That's right you tell them, They are just another commodity,Useless for anything else but to throw away after use(sarcasm). Exactly the mentality of this day and age and the reason the world is going to the shit morally.
What was it last year $3.95 billion in profits? Ohh dear no where near enough to keep 600 jobs. sigh....
If a compnay is losing money,No prob company needs to make some sacrifices,If it is still turning over a big profit make no mistake IT IS F%$&ING GREEEEEEEEEEEEEED!

arael

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
[citation][nom]isdav59[/nom]you are absolutely correct in your statement,that is the way employers think,it wasn't always that way.what ever happen to loyalty.you expects it in your employees,in fact demand it..yes business are not a charity.but i cant understand is the mentality of companies who thinks more for less.its never good enough.be thankful for the workers who helped you get to your billion dollar company.oh yeah then toss them away like trash.i wouldn't care to work for you[/citation]
With your atrocious grasp of basic English I wouldn't hire you.

Blizzard has lost quite a lot of subscribers which means less profit. No need for all the extra people providing support, either directly or indirectly.
For all we know it could have been a few hundred administration staff who were there to carry out basic tasks that have been reassigned to others. They may have drawn the short straw when it came to deciding who got the boot. However in the end the business is there to make money. If they are employing staff that they don't really need to then it's obvious that they will start getting rid of people.

whysobluepandabear

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]greenspoon[/nom]I love this. The greed of corporate companies! It is a BUSINESS, not a charity. If the employees are not needed they do not need to keep them. Even if the employees are needed they do not have to keep them. It has absolutely nothing to do with greed. I will never understand the mentality of some people. I would hazard to guess you have never ran a company.[/citation]

I also love when people have absolutely no understanding of greed. You do understand that the sky is not the limit when discussing economics? Eventually, it crashes - and you can only profit so much, before having to make so many cuts, it starts hurting everyone around you.

Problem with capitalism....people only look at money and profits - literally ignoring everything else. Year, after year, has to be better and bigger. How long can you keep it up?

These people love money and possessions over everything else - let's be real, if you were dying of cancer, they'd rather see you rot, than use a spare million in their account full of billions. They'd also rather see the collapse of the entire world, before they let anything from their self-entitled asses go.

Business. Job creators. Blah, blah.

It's sad really - we don't live to live - we live to work, and be slaves to a made up system, where nothing really means anything, other than a few get to live to live, while the rest work for them.

Earnie

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2005
"we wish them well as they move forward"isnt a layoff a few steps backwards....typical big business trying to make it sound like there doing them a favor.

isdav59

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
yeah my company tells us all the time what a fantastic job we are doing,how good the company is doing. then they cut jobs and pile more shit on our plates,then when raise time comes they say thank you and give you a 2%raise,its lower than the cost of living...(i know) still glade to have a job.still sucks never the less

value21

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2011
This is ridiculous. Its a business. Not a charity. Why on earth do you think your entitled to something for working. If an immigrant who cant speak english can do your job then your job wasnt that good to begin with.

If they got fired then ask why they werent more valuable. Go back to school get some real skills. Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he eats forever. Even if those people who got laid off have degrees it wont be long before they find work again.

value21

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2011
Typical american isdav59. If you dont like your job quit. Its that simple. Go back to school and earn a degree and make yourself more valuable. Then earn what you should be worth. But most dont even bother.

As far as loyalty is concern it works both ways. If another company came along and paid you more and gave you less work you mean to tell me you would not work for the new company? Regardless of how much a business makes, why on earth would they continue to pay for workers they dont need. They should be thankful they had a job as long as they did if they were that disposable.

isdav59

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
wow that is so heart felt,tell that to the 3 million americans without jobs,i am sure they can live on that philosophy

value21

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2011
I sure will. Both my parents are survivors of the vietnam war. Came here with absolutely nothing but the clothes on their back. Working any job they could just to get by.

I grew up poor, with most of my clothing from the salvation army. I told myself I wanted a better life for me and my parents. Went to school and made something of myself.

But you go ahead and bitch about how crappy your company is and how they arent paying you enough. Yet you have time to post on this forum rather than educate yourself and make more money.

isdav59

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
i am fine with my job my friend, worked here for 12 years,i am at a point where a lot of people like me stayed so long we are trapped,i know it sounds pathetic,but when your making a certain amount of income. one just cant start over. its not just that simple.i bet most older people like me feel the same

value21

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2011
All i can tell you is it survival of the fittest. We can bitch about our situations or we can do something to change it. America has so many opportunities its ridiculous. Honestly my parents couldnt even afford to send me to college. I join the military and after I got out use the GI Bill.

There is no such thing as too old to go back to school. You might have a more difficult time. Sure. You might have to budget you time more. Ok. So what. No one said it was going to be easy. Anything in life worth doing isnt going to be easy.

value21

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2011
On top of that most institutions have some sort of financial aid to help out. Not to mention the federal government loans.

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
[citation][nom]value21[/nom]All i can tell you is it survival of the fittest. We can bitch about our situations or we can do something to change it. America has so many opportunities its ridiculous. Honestly my parents couldnt even afford to send me to college. I join the military and after I got out use the GI Bill.There is no such thing as too old to go back to school. You might have a more difficult time. Sure. You might have to budget you time more. Ok. So what. No one said it was going to be easy. Anything in life worth doing isnt going to be easy.[/citation]

You've made some decent valid points but Blizzard have been making so much more money than they can pocket past 5-8 years or so and now they are pulling this? Whats your excuse for Blizzard aka Activihack's obvious greedy actions just to fatten themselves (lazy Ceos) pockets. Modern Blizzard is a shitty company that's using the old actual blizzard's fame to continue milking the fans by barely making new contents in new games and charging 60 bucks under Activihack's reign.

Status
Not open for further replies.