A7V333 cpu upgrade question

Gordo

Distinguished
May 21, 2004

I just installed a new xp2600+ mobile cpu in my a7v333 (rev 1.04) m\b.
Asus says this board accepts xp2600+ 266fsb cpu with bios 1012 and newer.
My bios is 1017. (latest non-beta)
Somehow I can't get the full cpu speed in bios setup.
Max multiplier choice is 12.5x, but I need something like 16x @ 133/33 to get the proper cpu speed.
Computer shows only 1666mhz during post and when checking with cpuid.
How can I get a higher multiplier to show up in bios?
Also, what is proper vcore for this cpu? My bios is autodetecting at 1.475v, but I have read that 1.600v
is nominal vcore for mobile xp's.
TIA

The Mobile chip has a few differences from the desktop. First because the
Mobile is designed to use Power-Now the default multiplier wont be properly
detected on a desktop...I think it detects at 6x or something similar. Your
board does not support '5th bit' multiplier control, which is why you can
only go to 12.5x....you need to do a pin mod or bridge painting to get the
cpu to detect with a higher multiplier, i.e. above 12.5x.
1.475V is normal for a XP 2600 Mobile.