Monitor picture problem

I have a PC running a WindowsXP. The machine was a new home build about 3
month ago which all went well with no problems since.

I have a 19" CRT monitor which I bought last year. I have found recently
that on the desktop or browsing the Net that with more and more regularity
the screen seems to darken and brighten often (making bright white look
very yellow and then back again, and so on). It's not so much of a flicker
but a gradual yellowing over a few seconds which suddenly reverts back
quickly to the original bright white.

Does this seem that my monitor is failing and I need to get another one
soon?

All the cables are tight and connections are good.

Thanks

Forgot to mention that I bought the Monitor last year as a used item and not
new.

"Jason Sayer" <RemovenospamJason@Jsayer.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> I have a PC running a WindowsXP. The machine was a new home build about 3
> month ago which all went well with no problems since.
>
> I have a 19" CRT monitor which I bought last year. I have found recently
> that on the desktop or browsing the Net that with more and more regularity
> the screen seems to darken and brighten often (making bright white look
> very yellow and then back again, and so on). It's not so much of a flicker
> but a gradual yellowing over a few seconds which suddenly reverts back
> quickly to the original bright white.
>
> Does this seem that my monitor is failing and I need to get another one
> soon?
>
> All the cables are tight and connections are good.
>
> Thanks

keith

Make sure the connector is tight does it have a degauss , Check on
manufactures sight for an inf file
But as it is used probable that you may need to replace it

> Forgot to mention that I bought the Monitor last year as a used item and
not
> new.
>

> "Jason Sayer" <RemovenospamJason@Jsayer.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> > I have a PC running a WindowsXP. The machine was a new home build about
3
> > month ago which all went well with no problems since.
> >
> > I have a 19" CRT monitor which I bought last year. I have found recently
> > that on the desktop or browsing the Net that with more and more
regularity
> > the screen seems to darken and brighten often (making bright white look
> > very yellow and then back again, and so on). It's not so much of a
flicker
> > but a gradual yellowing over a few seconds which suddenly reverts back
> > quickly to the original bright white.
> >
> > Does this seem that my monitor is failing and I need to get another one
> > soon?
> >
> > All the cables are tight and connections are good.
> >
> > Thanks

Hate to mention the obvious but, is this the reason why the monitor was sold? (barring a video card/cable problem . My 15" did that after about 5 years or so (try and identify how old your 19" is then you can figure out how long it could have been in service for). I don't know what the avg life span is though - just my experience.

Hope you bought it from someone you know.

Wes