K8V Deluxe / 3Com NIC: how to reset settings + set GUID?

Jussi

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2004

I need to do a RIS installation on a few K8V's but I ran into problems:
All GUIDs, which should be unique, are factory set
to"00020003-00004-0005-000600070008".
GUIDs set with MAC addresses, don't work.

Also, after terminating installation, PXE boot is disabled and it can't be
resetted in BIOS?

3com's support site
(http://www.3com.com/prod/en_EU_EMEA/detail.jsp?tab=prodspec&sku=3C940-MV00)
says 3c940's have dos utilities, but I didn't find them on asus CD. Where
can I find compatible version to download?

Thanks in advance,

Jussi

Paul

Splendid

In article <kVhrc.2431$_D4.1258@reader1.news.jippii.net>, "Jussi"
<jusu8888N.O.S.P.A.M@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I need to do a RIS installation on a few K8V's but I ran into problems:
> All GUIDs, which should be unique, are factory set
> to"00020003-00004-0005-000600070008".
> GUIDs set with MAC addresses, don't work.
>
> Also, after terminating installation, PXE boot is disabled and it can't be
> resetted in BIOS?
>
> 3com's support site
> (http://www.3com.com/prod/en_EU_EMEA/detail.jsp?tab=prodspec&sku=3C940-MV00)
> says 3c940's have dos utilities, but I didn't find them on asus CD. Where
> can I find compatible version to download?
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Jussi

This tutorial is NOT for your board, but it may guide you where to
look on each motherboard, for the sticker with the factory
assigned numbers.

http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21050

******
The K8V download page only has a Marvell driver on it:

http://www.asus.it/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=K8V&Type=All

There is a DOS diagnostic called yukondg.exe in this ZIP.
FileName Marvell630.zip Version 6.30 Date 2004/03/08
Description Marvell LAN Driver v6.30 WHQL for Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/NT.

The P4C800 has a 3C940 chip on it, and there are drivers here:

http://www.asus.it/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P4C800&Type=All

FileName 046_MS_Client.zip Version 1.00.00.0046 Date 2003/08/19
Description 3Com Gigabit LOM (3C940) Driver V1.00.00.0046 for DOS

I don't know if that is what you are after or not.

The download page starts here:
http://www.asus.it/support/download/download.aspx
******

Sorry, can't help you on the PXE.

Paul

Jussi

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2004

- GUIDs seem to be editable during flashing?
- I thought Marvel contained tools just for Windows - but there's dos stuff
too, excellent.
- MS_Client.zip seems to be just dos drivers

Thanks for the links!

Jussi