A7N8X Deluze rev 2.0 mouse freeze after reboot

I have the following config:

a7n8x deluxe 2.0
bios 1005 uber
windows xp sp1a (with latest hotfixes)
Microsoft optical wireless mouse/keyboard.

My system runs fine but when I reboot the mouse will lock up and
freeze - keyboard still works. A shutdown does not have the same
effect.

Any ideas would be welcome.

PS. I have tried tinkering with usb drivers, bios and other settings.

Nero

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2003

I would try uninstalling and re installing drivers/software for
mouse/keyboard.
"Phu" <phu_me@lineone.net> wrote in message
> I have the following config:
>
> a7n8x deluxe 2.0
> bios 1005 uber
> windows xp sp1a (with latest hotfixes)
> Microsoft optical wireless mouse/keyboard.
>
> My system runs fine but when I reboot the mouse will lock up and
> freeze - keyboard still works. A shutdown does not have the same
> effect.
>
> Any ideas would be welcome.
>
> PS. I have tried tinkering with usb drivers, bios and other settings.

ANON

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2003

I have same problem with a cordless usb mouse, the problem is intermittant,
nothing has cured it. I have found that by removing usb from the rear
connection and connecting it to front. The mouse/device is found. I then
unplug and plug into the rear and all is ok, unpluging and re pluging the
rear doesnt work! - a bit of a pain, but my pc usually runs 24/7 so its not
to often -