Missing multipliers

I have an A7V333 Rev 1.04 board with 1017 bios.
Just installed a mobile XP2600+ (266fsb) and highest multiplier available is 12.5.
I thought higher multiplier settings were available in this bios? I'm running jumper free mode.
Do I have to raise fsb to adjust cpu freq? Have I missed a critical bios setting somewhere?
My current pc2100 ddr limits me to 133/33 though.
According to what I have read, mobile XP's are not locked so I should be able to run any multiplier I
want.
TIA
2 answers Last reply
More about missing multipliers

    In article <eVxrc.25486$KE6.13410@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
    "gordo" <spam.is@not.welcome> wrote:

    > I have an A7V333 Rev 1.04 board with 1017 bios.
    > Just installed a mobile XP2600+ (266fsb) and highest multiplier
    available is 12.5.
    > I thought higher multiplier settings were available in this bios? I'm
    running jumper free mode.
    > Do I have to raise fsb to adjust cpu freq? Have I missed a critical bios
    setting somewhere?
    > My current pc2100 ddr limits me to 133/33 though.
    > According to what I have read, mobile XP's are not locked so I should be
    able to run any multiplier I
    > want.
    > TIA

    Did you see BigBadger's answer to your original question ?

    "The Mobile chip has a few differences from the desktop. First
    because the Mobile is designed to use Power-Now the default
    multiplier wont be properly detected on a desktop...I think
    it detects at 6x or something similar. Your board does not
    support '5th bit' multiplier control, which is why you can
    only go to 12.5x....you need to do a pin mod or bridge
    painting to get the cpu to detect with a higher multiplier,
    i.e. above 12.5x. 1.475V is normal for a XP 2600 Mobile."

    Sounds like you have one signal to modify, either via bridge
    painting or via a pin mod. What you would be doing, is changing
    the fifth multiplier bit manually.

    This page seems to get mentioned a lot:

    http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html

    but I'm having trouble lining up the mods it suggests, with
    a processor datasheet. Maybe someone else here, can state
    with a little more certainty, just which bridge or pin needs
    to be modded.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Thanks,
    For some reason, my previous post didn't show up on my newsreader and I didn't see any of the replies.
    I thought it was lost in cyberspace and decided to repeat the question.
    sorry about that....

Asus Mobile BIOS Motherboards