Missing multipliers

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
May 22, 2004 5:20:10 AM

I have an A7V333 Rev 1.04 board with 1017 bios.
Just installed a mobile XP2600+ (266fsb) and highest multiplier available is 12.5.
I thought higher multiplier settings were available in this bios? I'm running jumper free mode.
Do I have to raise fsb to adjust cpu freq? Have I missed a critical bios setting somewhere?
My current pc2100 ddr limits me to 133/33 though.
According to what I have read, mobile XP's are not locked so I should be able to run any multiplier I
want.
TIA

More about : missing multipliers

May 22, 2004 5:20:11 AM

In article <eVxrc.25486$KE6.13410@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
"gordo" <spam.is@not.welcome> wrote:

> I have an A7V333 Rev 1.04 board with 1017 bios.
> Just installed a mobile XP2600+ (266fsb) and highest multiplier
available is 12.5.
> I thought higher multiplier settings were available in this bios? I'm
running jumper free mode.
> Do I have to raise fsb to adjust cpu freq? Have I missed a critical bios
setting somewhere?
> My current pc2100 ddr limits me to 133/33 though.
> According to what I have read, mobile XP's are not locked so I should be
able to run any multiplier I
> want.
> TIA

Did you see BigBadger's answer to your original question ?

"The Mobile chip has a few differences from the desktop. First
because the Mobile is designed to use Power-Now the default
multiplier wont be properly detected on a desktop...I think
it detects at 6x or something similar. Your board does not
support '5th bit' multiplier control, which is why you can
only go to 12.5x....you need to do a pin mod or bridge
painting to get the cpu to detect with a higher multiplier,
i.e. above 12.5x. 1.475V is normal for a XP 2600 Mobile."

Sounds like you have one signal to modify, either via bridge
painting or via a pin mod. What you would be doing, is changing
the fifth multiplier bit manually.

This page seems to get mentioned a lot:

http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/...

but I'm having trouble lining up the mods it suggests, with
a processor datasheet. Maybe someone else here, can state
with a little more certainty, just which bridge or pin needs
to be modded.

HTH,
Paul
May 22, 2004 9:12:17 AM

Thanks,
For some reason, my previous post didn't show up on my newsreader and I didn't see any of the replies.
I thought it was lost in cyberspace and decided to repeat the question.
sorry about that....
!