Belkin ADSL wireless router

I am using a Belkin ADSL wireless router serial number fsd7630-4a.
I've set up the modem ok, but the WLAN light on the front won't light
up. and my laptop can't connect.
I assume the modem\router isn't sending a signal.
Wireless is enabled in the routers settings.
Any help appreciated
SJ

Firstly confirm with your provider that you have a broadband connection if so
then check the username - in the UK we have to add a coup[le of characters
(e.g. @fs).

Again you can get this from your ISP