bill

Dell pc memory is down to 4% and i can't get it to
defrag. It defrags from 2% to 4% and says it's done w/
defrag. used disk cleanup and it says all is clean. Scan
says no virus found. help please

Bill wrote:
> Dell pc memory is down to 4% and i can't get it to
> defrag. It defrags from 2% to 4% and says it's done w/
> defrag. used disk cleanup and it says all is clean. Scan
> says no virus found. help please

That's not memory. That's hard drive space.

It was likely taken up by an error log file. You will have to find the
directory with it, all I can remember is that it is in the WINDOWS folder.
Simply highlight all the sub-folders in Windows and right-click, select
properties. My bet is that group is taking up most of your space.

Now, do a binary elimination or a one by one right-click/properties on each
folder until you find out which is the larget of them.

Once found, go into that folder. If it contains a lot of ERROR logs, delete
them!

--
<- Shenan ->