maveric

Ok, So I reformatted, and now my storage (D:) HDD doesn't show up in "My Computer". It shows in the Device Manager as "working properly". Yes I've Windows Updated, looked for new drivers, uninstalled it in Device Mgr. Troubleshot it. No avail. It's at the end of the cable, and I believe the jumpers are set to "cable select" (haven't changed any of that in the course of the wipe). It's an ATA WD 30GB 7200rpm drive. When I reformatted, I removed the partitions on both drives, due to a rogue install of XP on the D: drive. The C: drive shows 1 partition, yet the unrecognized drive shows 0 partitions. I'm burnt, any help out there?

Thanking you in advance,

Mav

How does it show in Disk Management?
Western Digital HDD doesn't like cable select settings unless it's the only
disk on the cable. Try Master/Slave (Master at the end of the flat cable).

Beeb

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

No partitions means no disk drives. Create a partition and format it.
Windows can only deal with formatted partitions, not unformatted disk
drives. It may be that all you need to do is assign a drive letter if the
disk was working previously. You can do that in the Computer Management
screen.