can u just add missing files?

hi I was wondering if there was a way to fix missing
files on Window's XP instead of having to reprogram the
whole hard drive?

Dev

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2001

/Mr. C/ said:

> I was wondering if there was a way to fix missing
> files on Window's XP instead of having to reprogram the
> whole hard drive?

If these are system files, place the XP install CD into the drive. Click
START|RUN and type "cmd /k sfc /scannow" <enter> (no quotes).

For options type "cmd /k sfc /?" <enter>

To exit the DOS screen, type "exit" <enter>

--
For most XP answers and tweaks...
http://dougknox.com http://aumha.org