Wireless Connection Keeps Dropping Out

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
December 7, 2004 4:49:05 PM

Hi, I'm Chuck and I'm having a problem with my wireless network card.
I'm using a Linksys 802.11G card in my desktop, and it's connecting to my
Belkin Wireless G router upstairs. I usually have Excellent, or Very Good
Signal Strength, but every now and then (Maybe 3 times an hour) the
connection will drop for 2 seconds completly, then it will be fine. It
interrupts my games, and any downloads that I might have going. Does anybody
know of a way to fix this?

Thanks,
Chuck

ChuxBuster@hotmail.com
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
December 7, 2004 5:20:05 PM

Are you using encryption? You might try to makes some configuration
changes to the router side of your wireless network. I was
experiencing the same things in my wireless network to the extent that
even when I pinged one wireless client to another I was getting 25% to
50% packet loss. So I went to the Linksys knownledge base which
discribed a couple transmission parameters within the router to change
which has given me a more stable connection. Last, is that I
understand signal interference is a big thing. Phones, microwaves,
etc. could cause your disconnects. So try a difference channel for your
network.

a b F Wireless
December 7, 2004 5:20:29 PM

Are you using encryption? You might try to makes some configuration
changes to the router side of your wireless network. I was
experiencing the same things in my wireless network to the extent that
even when I pinged one wireless client to another I was getting 25% to
50% packet loss. So I went to the Linksys knownledge base which
discribed a couple transmission parameters within the router to change
which has given me a more stable connection. Last, is that I
understand signal interference is a big thing. Phones, microwaves,
etc. could cause your disconnects. So try a difference channel for your
network.

a b F Wireless
December 7, 2004 9:08:28 PM

"Chux" <Chux@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I'm Chuck and I'm having a problem with my wireless network card.
> I'm using a Linksys 802.11G card in my desktop, and it's connecting to my
> Belkin Wireless G router upstairs. I usually have Excellent, or Very Good
> Signal Strength, but every now and then (Maybe 3 times an hour) the
> connection will drop for 2 seconds completly, then it will be fine. It
> interrupts my games, and any downloads that I might have going. Does
> anybody
> know of a way to fix this?

Check Network Connections => Properties for your Linksys 11G card. Uncheck
"AEGIS Protocol" if it is listed. Also, upgrade to SP2 if you are using
WinXP.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
December 8, 2004 6:43:01 AM

All explained here:

http://tinyurl.com/3lmfp

Carey

"Chux" <Chux@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I'm Chuck and I'm having a problem with my wireless network card.
> I'm using a Linksys 802.11G card in my desktop, and it's connecting to my
> Belkin Wireless G router upstairs. I usually have Excellent, or Very Good
> Signal Strength, but every now and then (Maybe 3 times an hour) the
> connection will drop for 2 seconds completly, then it will be fine. It
> interrupts my games, and any downloads that I might have going. Does
> anybody
> know of a way to fix this?
>
> Thanks,
> Chuck
>
> ChuxBuster@hotmail.com
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
December 13, 2004 2:31:09 PM

It's not changing connections though, it's just dropping out. It's still
doing it.

"Carey Holzman" wrote:

> All explained here:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3lmfp
>
> Carey
>
> "Chux" <Chux@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, I'm Chuck and I'm having a problem with my wireless network card.
> > I'm using a Linksys 802.11G card in my desktop, and it's connecting to my
> > Belkin Wireless G router upstairs. I usually have Excellent, or Very Good
> > Signal Strength, but every now and then (Maybe 3 times an hour) the
> > connection will drop for 2 seconds completly, then it will be fine. It
> > interrupts my games, and any downloads that I might have going. Does
> > anybody
> > know of a way to fix this?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Chuck
> >
> > ChuxBuster@hotmail.com

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
December 13, 2004 4:01:45 PM

Did you try the suggestion I offered?

> It's not changing connections though, it's just dropping out. It's still
> doing it.
>

> "Carey Holzman" wrote:
>
>> All explained here:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/3lmfp
>>
>> Carey
>>
>> "Chux" <Chux@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi, I'm Chuck and I'm having a problem with my wireless network card.
>> > I'm using a Linksys 802.11G card in my desktop, and it's connecting to
>> > my
>> > Belkin Wireless G router upstairs. I usually have Excellent, or Very
>> > Good
>> > Signal Strength, but every now and then (Maybe 3 times an hour) the
>> > connection will drop for 2 seconds completly, then it will be fine. It
>> > interrupts my games, and any downloads that I might have going. Does
>> > anybody
>> > know of a way to fix this?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Chuck
>> >
>> > ChuxBuster@hotmail.com

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
December 14, 2004 5:31:09 PM

That URL talks about "Changing" connections, but mine is not changing, it's
only dropping out for seconds at a time.

"Carey Holzman" wrote:

> Did you try the suggestion I offered?
>
> "Chux" <Chux@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > It's not changing connections though, it's just dropping out. It's still
> > doing it.
> >

> > "Carey Holzman" wrote:
> >
> >> All explained here:
> >>
> >> http://tinyurl.com/3lmfp
> >>
> >> Carey
> >>
> >> "Chux" <Chux@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

December 15, 2004 4:53:42 PM

I'm not the OP but I DID try-it but when I stop WZC I lose the connection
too!?

news:o 33od3U4EHA.3092@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

!