A7V8X-X - Max hard drive size?

I've got an A7V8X-X Rev 1 with BIOS 1007. What is the largest hard drive I
can install without using any overlay software?

There is a chart on the Asus website but the my board isn't on the list.
There is an A7V8X on there but thats somewhat different.

Thanks

megashorts

--

Gamertag: megashorts

Take out the trash to reply by email!
4 answers Last reply
More about a7v8x hard drive size

    In article <isNrc.13144$jz3.11802@fe22.usenetserver.com>,
    megashortstrash@yahoo.com wrote:

    > I've got an A7V8X-X Rev 1 with BIOS 1007. What is the largest hard drive I
    > can install without using any overlay software?
    >
    > There is a chart on the Asus website but the my board isn't on the list.
    > There is an A7V8X on there but thats somewhat different.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > megashorts

    http://www.asus.it/support/english/techref/48bithdd/index.aspx
    At the top of the page in red text, it says:

    "Note: Model manufactured after 1st January, 2003 will all
    support 48bit HDD (137 GB HDD)"

    If you go to a download directory, the earliest file in the
    directory is Feb 2003, so it is just "over the line".

    ftp://www.asuscom.de/pub/ASUS/mb/socka/kt400/a7v8x-x/

    So I'm guessing it supports disks larger than 128GB/137GB
    (binary/marketing GB).

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul wrote:
    > In article <isNrc.13144$jz3.11802@fe22.usenetserver.com>,
    > megashortstrash@yahoo.com wrote:
    >

    >>I've got an A7V8X-X Rev 1 with BIOS 1007. What is the largest hard drive I
    >>can install without using any overlay software?
    >>
    >>There is a chart on the Asus website but the my board isn't on the list.
    >>There is an A7V8X on there but thats somewhat different.
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>
    >>megashorts
    >

    > http://www.asus.it/support/english/techref/48bithdd/index.aspx
    > At the top of the page in red text, it says:
    >
    > "Note: Model manufactured after 1st January, 2003 will all
    > support 48bit HDD (137 GB HDD)"
    >
    > If you go to a download directory, the earliest file in the
    > directory is Feb 2003, so it is just "over the line".
    >
    > ftp://www.asuscom.de/pub/ASUS/mb/socka/kt400/a7v8x-x/
    >
    > So I'm guessing it supports disks larger than 128GB/137GB
    > (binary/marketing GB).
    >
    > HTH,
    > Paul

    the 250 gig WD works fine straight up

    On 23-May-2004, Legend <ISO-teric@ISOLated.com> wrote:

    > Paul wrote:
    > > In article <isNrc.13144$jz3.11802@fe22.usenetserver.com>,
    > > megashortstrash@yahoo.com wrote:
    > >

    > >>I've got an A7V8X-X Rev 1 with BIOS 1007. What is the largest hard drive
    > >>can install without using any overlay software?
    > >>
    > >>There is a chart on the Asus website but the my board isn't on the list.
    > >>There is an A7V8X on there but thats somewhat different.
    > >>
    > >>Thanks
    > >>
    > >>megashorts
    > >

    > > http://www.asus.it/support/english/techref/48bithdd/index.aspx
    > > At the top of the page in red text, it says:
    > >
    > > "Note: Model manufactured after 1st January, 2003 will all
    > > support 48bit HDD (137 GB HDD)"
    > >
    > > If you go to a download directory, the earliest file in the
    > > directory is Feb 2003, so it is just "over the line".
    > >
    > > ftp://www.asuscom.de/pub/ASUS/mb/socka/kt400/a7v8x-x/
    > >
    > > So I'm guessing it supports disks larger than 128GB/137GB
    > > (binary/marketing GB).
    > >
    > > HTH,
    > > Paul
    >

    > the 250 gig WD works fine straight up

    Thats what I wanted to know!

    The Asus info was why I asked the question in the first place!

    "Megashorts" <megashortstrash@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I've got an A7V8X-X Rev 1 with BIOS 1007. What is the largest hard drive I
    > can install without using any overlay software?

    I have just installed two 160GB drives on an A7N8X-X board, under the Bios
    they saw the whole 160Gig, however under Windows 2000 Pro the only showed
    about 128Gig until I downloaded a registry hack from the Maxtor site.

    Adam S

Asus Hard Drives Motherboards