A7V8X-X - Max hard drive size?

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
May 22, 2004 11:01:55 PM

I've got an A7V8X-X Rev 1 with BIOS 1007. What is the largest hard drive I
can install without using any overlay software?

There is a chart on the Asus website but the my board isn't on the list.
There is an A7V8X on there but thats somewhat different.

Thanks

megashorts

--

Gamertag: megashorts

Take out the trash to reply by email!
May 22, 2004 11:01:56 PM

In article <isNrc.13144$jz3.11802@fe22.usenetserver.com>,
megashortstrash@yahoo.com wrote:

> I've got an A7V8X-X Rev 1 with BIOS 1007. What is the largest hard drive I
> can install without using any overlay software?
>
> There is a chart on the Asus website but the my board isn't on the list.
> There is an A7V8X on there but thats somewhat different.
>
> Thanks
>
> megashorts

http://www.asus.it/support/english/techref/48bithdd/ind...
At the top of the page in red text, it says:

"Note: Model manufactured after 1st January, 2003 will all
support 48bit HDD (137 GB HDD)"

If you go to a download directory, the earliest file in the
directory is Feb 2003, so it is just "over the line".

ftp://www.asuscom.de/pub/ASUS/mb/socka/kt400/a7v8x-x/

So I'm guessing it supports disks larger than 128GB/137GB
(binary/marketing GB).

HTH,
Paul
May 23, 2004 3:15:58 AM

Paul wrote:
> In article <isNrc.13144$jz3.11802@fe22.usenetserver.com>,
> megashortstrash@yahoo.com wrote:
>

>>I've got an A7V8X-X Rev 1 with BIOS 1007. What is the largest hard drive I
>>can install without using any overlay software?
>>
>>There is a chart on the Asus website but the my board isn't on the list.
>>There is an A7V8X on there but thats somewhat different.
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>megashorts
>

> http://www.asus.it/support/english/techref/48bithdd/ind...
> At the top of the page in red text, it says:
>
> "Note: Model manufactured after 1st January, 2003 will all
> support 48bit HDD (137 GB HDD)"
>
> If you go to a download directory, the earliest file in the
> directory is Feb 2003, so it is just "over the line".
>
> ftp://www.asuscom.de/pub/ASUS/mb/socka/kt400/a7v8x-x/
>
> So I'm guessing it supports disks larger than 128GB/137GB
> (binary/marketing GB).
>
> HTH,
> Paul

the 250 gig WD works fine straight up
a b V Motherboard
May 23, 2004 8:38:14 AM

On 23-May-2004, Legend <ISO-teric@ISOLated.com> wrote:

> Paul wrote:
> > In article <isNrc.13144$jz3.11802@fe22.usenetserver.com>,
> > megashortstrash@yahoo.com wrote:
> >

> >>I've got an A7V8X-X Rev 1 with BIOS 1007. What is the largest hard drive
> >>can install without using any overlay software?
> >>
> >>There is a chart on the Asus website but the my board isn't on the list.
> >>There is an A7V8X on there but thats somewhat different.
> >>
> >>Thanks
> >>
> >>megashorts
> >

> > http://www.asus.it/support/english/techref/48bithdd/ind...
> > At the top of the page in red text, it says:
> >
> > "Note: Model manufactured after 1st January, 2003 will all
> > support 48bit HDD (137 GB HDD)"
> >
> > If you go to a download directory, the earliest file in the
> > directory is Feb 2003, so it is just "over the line".
> >
> > ftp://www.asuscom.de/pub/ASUS/mb/socka/kt400/a7v8x-x/
> >
> > So I'm guessing it supports disks larger than 128GB/137GB
> > (binary/marketing GB).
> >
> > HTH,
> > Paul
>

> the 250 gig WD works fine straight up

Thats what I wanted to know!

The Asus info was why I asked the question in the first place!

Thanks

Megashorts

Gamertag: megashorts

Take out the trash to reply by email!
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 25, 2004 1:24:06 PM

"Megashorts" <megashortstrash@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I've got an A7V8X-X Rev 1 with BIOS 1007. What is the largest hard drive I
> can install without using any overlay software?

I have just installed two 160GB drives on an A7N8X-X board, under the Bios
they saw the whole 160Gig, however under Windows 2000 Pro the only showed
about 128Gig until I downloaded a registry hack from the Maxtor site.

Adam S
!