Has anyone used the K8VSE Deluxe mobo with AMD 64 3200??

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
May 23, 2004 12:15:30 AM

I am planning to build a system with the K8VSE Deluxe motherboard and a AMD
64 3200+ Retail processor. I want to use 2 - Western Digital 120G SATA in a
Raid 0 configuration and a Western Digital 120G SATA as another source for
data. I will also be using 2 - 256Meg PC3200 and 1 - 512 PC3200 for 1 Gig
memory in DDR. The operating system would be Win XP Pro Sp1. Additional
cards are Asus Geforce 5900, Creative Labs Audigy 2, and Leadtek Winfast TV
tuner card. Any info would be appreaciated.

John
May 23, 2004 12:15:31 AM

On Sat, 22 May 2004 20:15:30 GMT, "Johnny B." <striderlirr@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I am planning to build a system with the K8VSE Deluxe motherboard and a AMD
>64 3200+ Retail processor. I want to use 2 - Western Digital 120G SATA in a
>Raid 0 configuration and a Western Digital 120G SATA as another source for
>data. I will also be using 2 - 256Meg PC3200 and 1 - 512 PC3200 for 1 Gig
>memory in DDR. The operating system would be Win XP Pro Sp1. Additional
>cards are Asus Geforce 5900, Creative Labs Audigy 2, and Leadtek Winfast TV
>tuner card. Any info would be appreaciated.
>
>John

Not to change your question but... looking at the manual (2-11 in PDF)
three sticks of ram can only be run at DDR 333 speeds. If this is NOT
true I'd sure like to know as it's the only thing holding me back from
an upgrade also, thanx!
Ed
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 23, 2004 9:20:06 AM

Ed, I see what you mean by using the 3 slots for a max speed of DDR333.
With the speed gain of the AMD 64 3200 processor do you think that you would
see a large speed difference between DDR 333 and 400?

"Ed" <nospam@email.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 22 May 2004 20:15:30 GMT, "Johnny B." <striderlirr@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I am planning to build a system with the K8VSE Deluxe motherboard and a
AMD
> >64 3200+ Retail processor. I want to use 2 - Western Digital 120G SATA in
> >Raid 0 configuration and a Western Digital 120G SATA as another source
for
> >data. I will also be using 2 - 256Meg PC3200 and 1 - 512 PC3200 for 1 Gig
> >memory in DDR. The operating system would be Win XP Pro Sp1. Additional
> >cards are Asus Geforce 5900, Creative Labs Audigy 2, and Leadtek Winfast
TV
> >tuner card. Any info would be appreaciated.
> >
> >John
> >

> Not to change your question but... looking at the manual (2-11 in PDF)
> three sticks of ram can only be run at DDR 333 speeds. If this is NOT
> true I'd sure like to know as it's the only thing holding me back from
> an upgrade also, thanx!
> Ed

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 25, 2004 1:45:46 AM

Note that the later revisions of the Athlon 64 CPU, which talk directly to
the memory, are much more tolerant of memory timing. You may have no
problems with 3 sticks of DDR400 memory. It would also be better if it was
single-sided.
I'm using this M/B and processor and really pleased with it.
- Steve

!